- From the Dexcom app, I go to settings and down to "Health Apps".
- When in "Health Apps", it says S Health, Sharing OFF. I push that text and is presented a pop up.
- When in pop up it says that I'm able to "allow this app to read and write Samsung Health data. [....]". There is obviously a toggle box for "All Permissions", but I'm not able to toggle this one/turn it on. It's greyed out and I can't do anything. In the same pop up, it is a general text saying that "I can change data permissions by going to Settings --> Data permission in Samsung Health".
- When in "Settings --> Data permission" in Samsung Health, there are no apps visual in either "Access using apps" or "Access using server".
Model no: SM-G991B/DS
Thanks for wanting to help out! I haven't received any alerts from this thread hence the late reply 🙄
So this is the thing. Apologies about bad screenshots. The Dexcom-app doesn't allow me to screenshot, so I have to take pictures of my phone 😛
In the screenshot below 1, 2 and 3 is from the Dexcom-app. 4 is from Samsung Health (data permissions).
1. In settings in the Dexcom-app I press "health apps". This takes me to step 2.
2. In health apps, I press "S Health sharing OFF". This takes me to step 3.
3. The toggle bar for "all permissions" is permanently greyed out. I can't toggle it. I assume that if I was able to toggle I would be sent to a step where I could edit permissions and enable blood glucose to be shared.
4. Number four is just to show that there isn't any apps listed in the Samsung Health app.
Seems like the Dexcom-app and Samsung Health just doesn't communicate anymore. I've tried to contact Dexcom in my country but they ask me to contact Samsung. You ask me to contact Dexcom 😛
What happened here? It has worked pretty good before. Something has happened on both sides or one of them.
Don't worry about it. I got notification from you when I was working today. Any luck reinstall from moderator suggestion?
When did it stop working? Updating a new firmware or updating samsung health, or updating dexcom app?
Have you recent transfer all your data to a new phone. I just need to figure out culprit and which areas.
Dexcom send back to us.
There site not much helpful at all than for their products.
Hi, Please uninstall and re-install Dexcom app and then again,
1. Open the Dexcom CGM app menu.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap S Health.
4. Tap Edit Permissions.
5. Turn on and enable Blood Glucose to be shared.
6. Tap Done If you are still having the issue, we suggest you to check with Dexcom app support.
Thanks for your quick reply! Please see my answer to PókeDynamax above :)
I don't know an Answer to your Problem as it does the same for me sadly.
But there is a way to run the App on Android 12 or even 13.
I have it running and it works like a charm, after all it only Displays Data.
This App is made by Boyd and is a specific Version to bypass the Android Version.