Original topic:

Max Heart Rate Zones - Can they be manually entered?

(Topic created on: 08-31-2022 04:12 AM)
Ronnie1972
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung Health

Hi all, does anyone know if Samsung Health have yet updated their app to allow input of manual heart rate zones? I searched this subject in the community and saw some old posts from 2020 but nothing new - I'm hoping there has since been a fix? 

I've just tried switching from using Strava on my Samsung 4 watch to Samsung Health (mostly because I wanted to use the V02  calculations) but just noticed post my run this morning that they appear to have used the obsolete 220 - age calculation. I'm just short of 50 so this puts my max heart rate at 170. In reality it's 190 (as determined through historical data on my strava app over many years)!! According to Samsung Health I ran continuously at my max heart rate and above for over 30 mins this morning, not only that my V02 max puts me in the SUPERIOR category (top 5% of people for my age). Much as I would love this to be true, I'm not a machine - If I can't manually enter my heart rate zones what's the point of the app, and therefore the watch????   

0 Likes
4 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Health

AFAIK, you can't "tweak" Samsung Health settings beyond defined parameters, and manually entering what you want, doesn't seem to be possible.

It's possible that obtaining Health Canada's Certification is part of the reason for some limitations on what you can do?

Perhaps one of Samsung's Moderators will have a better reply? 

0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Samsung Health

Hi Ronnie1972, we are sorry to inform you that you cannot manually enter the input of your heart rate in Samsung Health app.

You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Remove the Samsung Health app from your phone, not the watch and then reinstall it.

However, please visit the below link to monitor your heart rate.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/samsung-smartwatch-heart-rate/

0 Likes
Medico
Active Level 2
Samsung Health

The issue is resolved by reentry the date of birth in the profile and save it. Moreover, they is a place to enter the desired max heart rate. Samsung added that. Thanks to God. Today, I see correct numbers after 3 years incorrect HR zones. 

0 Likes
5tr1k3r
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Health

Can't replicate your suggestion.

0 Likes