Original topic:

"The Frame" SmartThings Automation

(Topic created on: 11-02-2020 01:03 PM)
DavidGee
Active Level 1
Options
Smartthings
I have a 2020 "The Frame" TV. In Scenes and Automation, I see options to turn the tv on and off, switch to ambient, change inputs, etc. but nothing for putting the TV into Art Mode... Which is kind of the whole idea. 

I want it to turn on Art Mode automatically on startup, how can I do this?

12 Comments
Halston
Options
Smartthings

Hey DavidGee,

Please provide us the model number of your Samsung TV. You can find it on the rear panel of the TV.

0 Likes
DavidGee
Active Level 1
Smartthings
Model #QN75LS03TAFXZC running latest firmware (v1402). Talked to two Samsung reps so far and no solution has been found.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Smartthings

Hi DavidGee,
Thanks for your response. There are two modes available on The Frame: Art mode and TV mode. By default, The Frame T will turn on in TV mode.
To switch between TV mode and Art Mode, press the Power button on the OneRemote. In Art Mode, the brightness and color tone of the display intuitively adjust to the ambient lighting of the room. The motion sensor detects any movement and will automatically turn The Frame on or off. To return to TV mode, press the POWER button or Home button on the One Remote.

0 Likes
DavidGee
Active Level 1
Smartthings
Yes. 😁 I bought the TV for this purpose. That wasn't the question. This issue is documented on countless forums.
Jeffmusika
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

I love how your question was ignored. I have the same problem.

Halston
Options
Smartthings

Hi Jeffmusika,
Welcome to the Samsung Members Canada community.
Please make sure that the TV is updated to the latest version.
If the problem persists, please contact the live chat support with the TV model number along with the software version.

0 Likes
Smartthings
What does change picture mode do?
0 Likes
DavidGee
Active Level 1
Smartthings
Thanks! Cycles between viewing modes (I e. Dynamic, etc). Not art mode, unfortunately.
0 Likes
JHom1
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

Halston, is there any update from Samsung on when they will be implementing this feature? There needs to be a "Art Mode On" option in setting up automations/scenes.