Original topic:

Samsung Wireless Audio - Alexa Skill Canada

(Topic created on: 05-22-2021 08:57 AM)
TigerRider
Beginner Level 2
Options
Smartthings

Hi,

The skill was working fine for over a year and I was able to play music from Alexa directly to my HW-Q90R soundbar using Wifi then it stopped working about 2 weeks ago, after troubleshooting, I found that the Samsung Wireless Audio skill is the problem, tried to disable and re-enable but getting this message: "We were unable to link Samsung Wireless Audio at this time" when I try to login to my samsung account.

Is this a known issue? will it be resolved soon? or just Samsung has stopped supporting this feature in Canada?

Thanks.

8 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Smartthings

Hi, Connect and use with an Amazon product (Amazon Echo) Use an Amazon Echo product to control your Soundbar and enjoy music services provided by Amazon Echo.

NOTE :

• Confirm that the Soundbar is connected to Wi-Fi. (Refer to “Connecting via Wi-Fi (Wireless Network)”)

1. In the SmartThings app, change your Soundbar’s name to one that can be recognized by your Amazon device. (Example: Samsung, Soundbar, Living Room, Family Room, Bedroom, Office, etc.) CAUTION :

• Amazon devices may not recognize names that contain elements such as special characters.

Select Edit >> Select speakers >> Change name >> Save.

2. In the Alexa app, search “Samsung Wireless Audio” in Skills, and then select “ENABLE”. • Skip this step if you have Skills set up already.

If you have tried these steps already then try to connect with a different device.

0 Likes
J-Wo
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

I am having the exact same problem. Alexa was working file a few days ago, but all of a sudden it seems that the Samsung Wireless Audio skill will not sync with my HW-Q90R soundbar. I removed the soundbar from the iOS SmartThings app, and re-added it. I added the SmartThings skill to the Alexa app, and linked it with my Samsung account. Alexa was then able to find my soundbar, and can turn the device on or off with my voice.  However the Samsung Wireless Audio skill will no longer sync with my Samsung account, so I can no longer use my voice to control the volume.

The skill either says "We were unable to link Samsung Wireless Audio at this time. Please try again later" or "Unable to link Samsung Wireless Audio with Alexa. We are experiencing a problem connecting with the skill to link your account. You can try linking your account again by visiting the Samsung Wireless Audio skill page".  

I found the skill page here, but get the same error message as above:

https://www.amazon.ca/Samsung-Electronics-Co-Ltd-Wireless/dp/B07785SPCH

Also my soundbar is named "Soundbar" so that should not be the problem.

0 Likes
J-Wo
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

@Valeriya Any update on this? Samsung? Anyone?

0 Likes
TigerRider
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 9.01.31 AM.pngThanks @Valeryia for your reply!

it's the 2nd step that does not work anymore:

2. In the Alexa app, search “Samsung Wireless Audio” in Skills, and then select “ENABLE”. • Skip this step if you have Skills set up already.

I had it already enabled but I tried to disable and re-enable and this is where I get the account connection error.

Alexa sees my sound bar via Smartthings and is able to change the volume and turn on & off, the issue is when trying to play music as the “Samsung Wireless Audio” would not enable.

Any help or workaround would be appreciated!

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Smartthings

Hi, please check if there is any firmware update available for sound bar. If it is up to date, we suggest you to reset sound bar and start the setup again.

0 Likes
J-Wo
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

Hi @Georgine,

My unit is on Firmware Version HW-Q90RWWB-1012.6 and Plugin Version 3.1.47.  The SmartThings app does not detect a new firmware. I already tried deleting the device from SmartThings, then hard reset my soundbar by holding down the + and - buttons on the unit with the device on until the display showed “Int”. I proceeded to add the device back to the SmartThings app, and was then able to link the SmartThings skill with my Samsung account in the Alexa app. However I am still unable to link the Samsung Wireless Audio skill with my Samsung account, and get the same error messages as stated above.

If you look at the latest reviews on this skill, you can see that many other users are facing the same issue. Are you able to reproduce it from your end?

https://www.amazon.ca/Samsung-Electronics-Co-Ltd-Wireless/dp/B07785SPCH

0 Likes
TigerRider
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

Hi Georgine,

the firmware is up to date.

I don't think this has anything to do with the bar itself or the firmware, it's linking the account to enable the “Samsung Wireless Audio” skill. I tried to create a complete new Samsung account with no devices attached, and still getting the same error when trying to link this brand new account with the skill.

0 Likes
CK112
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

Had this working until recently however had a SmartThings app update and now the audio skill no longer detects the hw-q90r soundbar. Wondering if the Audi skill is now out of step with the SmartThings changes. Anyone have this working?

0 Likes