Original topic:

Smart tag not found always

(Topic created on: 03-17-2023 08:11 PM)
DurgaBali
Active Level 4
Options
Smartthings
Hi All,

Does any one using smart tag and able to track it? I bought it to keep in my car and track for safety reasons like thefts. First few days it worked fine even when my car was parked down in underground of our building. I was happy as it was working as intended. But now it is not working at all. No matter where I am and my car is it just not working. When I am very near to it like sitting in my car I am able to find it which is useless. What is the point of having this smart tag if we can't track it when we are away? Today I tried at Costco a very crowded place and till I was just few feet away from my car my phone was unable to track it. Was that because no Samsung phone users around? How our phones try to connect the smart tag? I don't know what I am missing and if this is how it is working for everyone then no point of using this tag.
8 Comments
Smartthings
Call via Bluetooth phone or text
DurgaBali
Active Level 4
Smartthings
Can we call the Tag via Bluetooth and text? I think we should be in range right?
0 Likes
Nylah
Options
Smartthings

Hi, we request you to reset the Smart tag by the steps in the given link and check again.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-smarttag-usage/

DurgaBali
Active Level 4
Smartthings
Ok I will try it and see. Thank You
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Smartthings

Hi DurgaBali, just to confirm after resetting the Smart Tag is your issue resolved?

Please keep us posted if the steps in the given link worked for  you.

Thank you. 

DurgaBali
Active Level 4
Smartthings
Hi Helenna,
It is not working even after resetting. Just now I checked it. I left my car for service and I am at home now. When I am refreshing the location it's still showing my home location instead of the service location where my car is now.
0 Likes
DurgaBali
Active Level 4
Smartthings
Hi Helenna,

Is it an issue with low battery? In the app it is showing full battery only.
0 Likes
DurgaBali
Active Level 4
Smartthings
It did work when I bought it few months back but now not at all working. Not even once or twice.
0 Likes