Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Left my samsung phone to an official service center

(Topic created on: 05-19-2023 12:27 PM)
jenn1209
Beginner Level 3
Options
Support
I deleted most of my confidential data but forgot to delete some of my passwords. The staff did not reset the phone in front of me so I'm kinda worried about identity theft and hacking after the repairs. The staff told me that they will need to know my password for the repairs. Since the photo of the official receipt is also in my gallery, they also took note of the file name. Is this really necessary? Should I be worried? 
0 Likes
5 Comments
Support
no, just take proper documentation what transpired for the repair
0 Likes
arvieguadiz
Active Level 3
Support
Just enable Maintenance Mode in settings and you're good to go.
0 Likes
jenn1209
Beginner Level 3
Support
They will ask for the password though.
0 Likes
arvieguadiz
Active Level 3
Support
If your galaxy is in maintenance mode it doesn't have any kind of security to get into the phone home screen.

Just go to Settings > Battery and device care > Maintenance mode, and see it your self.
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Support

Hello jenn1209,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with the service center staff that were unable to assure you the proper procedure on handling your device while being repaired. Rest assured that our staff are oriented to handle sensitivity data while being aware of the existing privacy laws.

Thank you for raising such an issue and concern, so we can better serve you. In order for us to escalate the issue to the dedicated team, you may contact us via our online Samsung Customer Care support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or our Samsung Customer Care direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

Stay safe and have a nice day ahead! Thanks for contacting Samsung.
0 Likes