Original topic:

DeX is Great, but it Could be Even Better!

(Topic created on: 03-12-2022 09:13 AM)
LeroyDartagnan
Active Level 4
Options
Tablets
So I've been using DeX on purpose since I have a Bluetooth mouse and key board and I really like it. There are two things I noticed that bugged me: 1) there's no spell check when using a physical keyboard (in this modern age of spellcheck, it should be everywhere 🤷🏻‍♂️), 2) full app support veries greatly (even Samsung Members gave me a warning message that it might not function properly in DeX, what in the world?🤷🏻‍♂️).

I really hope Samsung commits to further development of DeX it is a great UI for larger tablets and it works very well when you want to have a compact desktop experience without the bloat of a full blown PC. To be frank, I think it could be a decent competitor against Chrome OS.
3 Comments
Helenna
Options
Tablets

Hi sherr, Thank you for bringing this to our notice, We will consider it as a feedback.

Samsung is committed to providing the best possible mobile experiences and product quality continues to be one of our top priorities.

rrferreira
Beginner Level 4
Tablets

It is very disappointing indeed. I prefer not to use Samsung dex and I end up using my Galaxy Tab s7 on tablet mode exactly because there isn't an autocorrect feature on Samsung keyboard when typing with a physical keyboard. So, I end up using another keyboard, Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard on tablet mode which has that feature. Please, consider these things 🙏🏾

piercedgeek
Beginner Level 3
Tablets

Absolutely. I recently justified the extra cost of getting the S22 Ultra, in part, because I intend to use it as my "desktop" via Dex, instead of putting the money towards a new laptop. If Dex continues to grow and mature, I'll be sticking with this path