Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S5e keyboard connection issues

(Topic created on: 02-29-2020 12:04 AM)
Tblack12
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets

I purchased my Galaxy Tab S5e with the keyboard about a year ago and now teh keyboard is having major connection issues.  I have unplug the keyboard and reconnect it multiple times to try and get it to connect.  I have cleaned the prongs and has not helped at all.  Is this an issue that anyone else is experiencing?  Is there a fix for it?  Is this something that can be repaired in warranty?

6 Comments
keagan
Options
Tablets

Please walk into the nearest Samsung service center to get your device fixed. Samsung provides 12 months warranty and note that any physical and liquid damages are not covered.

0 Likes
kantorr
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

I am having the same connection issue where I must reseat the keyboard connection multiple times and Battle with the onscreen keyboard from taking over. Is taking the device into a service center the only fix?

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Tablets

Hi kantorr, As the device needs a physical examination, I suggested visiting the nearest service center by making an appointment beforehand or call them to know about the available time slots.

0 Likes
JennS07
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

My keyboard is only a few months old and I am having the same issue. Half the time the physical keyboard is not recognized by the tablet and thinks it is not connected. Such a disappointment for something that is so expensive.

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Tablets

Hi JennS07, Please try to reset the keyboard settings and try to connect the keyboard again.

Go to Settings > Language and Input > Samsung Keyboard > Reset Settings.

0 Likes
frknltrk
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

scrape the grey dots in the housing using a niddle, they are oxides; not wear. then use a wet (alcohol) towel to clean.

this application solved my contact problem.