Original topic:

i have some questions about my new keyboard cover I received.

(Topic created on: 04-09-2022 12:13 PM)
nites12
Active Level 1
Options
Tablets
Samsung Tablet S8
doesn't seem to work with what on the keyboard.  the "question mark is with the 6,   so when you use shift 6 you get ˆˆˆˆ.  some other keys are working the same way .. its guess work to make it work properly..  Is there a reset or did they send out some other language keyboard ?

by the way the ? mark is actually in the right spot on the keyboard just not listed as the ?mark. shows comma and E
0 Likes
6 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Tablets

I am guessing by your comments that you got the bilingual keyboard with your Tab S8

Sounds like the same problems that we experienced with the Tab S7 keyboard.

As far as I know no one has figured out what language and type of keyboard to set it for.

On one post one of the Moderators posted to make sure you have it set to the right language and I commented asking what language and type of keyboard it was supposed to be set to and got no reply.

So far I have found no way to get it to print what is wrote on the keys for special characters.

nites12
Active Level 1
Tablets
It's usable but you have to watch what you type. Thank you for commenting. Would be nice if we found the proper work around 🙂
Brantley
Options
Tablets

HI , We suggest you to try the given steps to fix the issue.

1. Go to Language Settings – Select option to Change keyboard settings.

2. Make sure to add Canadian French, Multilanguage and US Keyboard (QWERTY)

3. Press and hold Ctrl and Shift (5 seconds) to toggle English Keyboard to French Keyboard.

Example: On English Keyboard – 3 and # French Keyboard – 3 and /

0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Tablets

Your scripted answers like this one are of no use to anybody. If you actually tried what you just posted you would find out that it does nothing to help print what is shown on the keys.

Us Qwerty does put the odd character on the key where you would expect them to be using a US keyboard especially the question mark but does nothing as for actually typing what is printed on the key. I have seen other answers that you have given stating key combinations to get the characters written on the keys to type that also don't work

We should have a choice of getting a bilingual keyboard when purchasing our devices as for me and alot of other people french typing is totally useless.

In our time of language translators you can type in English and have it translated for you

Maybe if you had a use for French typing it might be usefull but for alot of people it is not

nites12
Active Level 1
Tablets
tried this and it didn't work
Samsung_4VSWc4g
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

It took me a while to figure this out.  Looks like you have a bilingual keyboard.  If you change your physical keyboard language to French Canadian qwerty, then it should be aligned with the symbols that are shown.  

0 Likes