Original topic:

Samsung galaxy Tab S6- Android 13

(Topic created on: 12-04-2022 07:01 PM)
JohnnyK
Active Level 6
Options
Tablets
I saw the note that Samsung posted, Tab S6 lite will get Android 13, however Tab S6, that is powerful than Tab S6 Lite, won't receive Android 13.

I won't invest in Samsung devices anymore, my tablet is very powerful and will handle Android 13 perfectly, however Samsung decided not to send the upgrade to this great device.. time to switch to an iPad which gets updates for ever
7 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Tablets
Pretty sure it has nothing to do with devices being powerful enough and everything to do with sales and making money so older devices do not get updated
JohnnyK
Active Level 6
Tablets
Thanks Ray, not sure if two years old device is treated as an old device. Apple send updates for tables from 2014 and it works just fine on iOS 16
Samsung did a great job updating my Tab S6 to one UI 4.1.1 and I liked the experience and when I didn't see it part of the device eligible for android 13 on One UI 5.0, I was surprised
Tablets
Hi, im still hoping that Galaxy Tab S6 will get android 13.. i have tab s6 too.. i know its not on the list but still hoping hehe.. it will break my heart if the tablet will not get the upgrade.. :(
JohnnyK
Active Level 6
Tablets
One UI 4.1.1 worked great on my tablet and when I saw that Tab S6 is not eligible for Android 13, I was surprised that a 2 years old device has a very short life cycle
qu33nm3
Beginner Level 3
Tablets

So I guess we're really not getting any Android 13 update? I spent so much money on this android tablet. I will never spend so much on any samsung devices again.

TexasNomad
Beginner Level 4
Tablets

Even though Apple charges MORE for their devices, they provide better value because they update capable devices much longer. I've had six Samsung devices, but it's time to move away from Samsung. Obviously, they're all about fleecing their customers. 

Mc69
Beginner Level 3
Tablets

It's absurd they won't let the tab s6 update to the latest android os. Some apps work only with the latest os, so too bad for the unlucky ones that brought this expensive tablet. Always had ipads but decided to go for samsung this last time... do I regret it. Not only many of the apps are not tablet optimized,  but the limited os updates are a joke. I won't be buying anything from samsung anymore. Apple charges a bit more, but provide much better long term value and user experience (certainly on tablets)