Original topic:

Samsung tab A takes 23 hours to fully charge?

(Topic created on: 06-23-2024 03:36 AM)
mcauley
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets
Hoping someone can offer suggestions. My tablet (galaxy tab a) is so extremely slow charging. Here are the things I have done so far:

-Made sure fast charging is on
-Tried dozens (yes actually dozens) of charging cable, charging box, and outlet configurations
-Cleaned the charging port on the tablet
-Reset to factory settings (tho it charged this slow out of the box)

The only way I can get it to fast charge is if I use a super fast charging cable. If I use the same cable with my samsung phone, it super fast charges, but my tablet only fast charges.

Any other cable I use, even fast charge ones I check against my phone, charge incredibly slow and always have a message that pops up telling me to check the connection and cable.

But if I use a super fast charger, there is no message, and the tablet will fast charge.

This is SO annoying. I've seen other people complaining about it taking 3 hours to charge their tab a. I wish mine only took three hours. I usually dont let it go below 50% (which takes all of a few hours at regular usage) before I plug it back in. It shouldnt be this much work to keep a new device charged.

Thanks for any insight.

1 Comment
Helenna
Options
Tablets

Hi mcauley, we are sorry to hear about this issue from you and appreciate all your efforts while trying to solve it.

Have you checked if there is any recent software update available on your Tab?

We request you to generate an error report by following below steps:

Tap and hold on Samsung Members Icon and tap on Error report >> select the category from the below >> Describe the issue and check the option "send system log data" then send.

An expert from the Samsung Members team will try and respond to the report as quickly as possible.

Thank you.

0 Likes