Original topic:

SM-T510 Tab A 10.1 (2019) - thoughts on upgrading to Android 10?

(Topic created on: 10-09-2020 05:27 PM)
J4CTV
Active Level 1
Options
Tablets

I had a galaxy tab before that had massive performance issues after a similar update. It became so slow it was almost impossible to use.

How have people's experiences been with the update to Android 10? Any problems?

0 Likes
9 Comments
keagan
Options
Tablets

Hi J4CTV, Samsung encourages users to keep the device software updated to the latest version. Please explain the issue you are experiencing in detail so that we could help you resolve it.

0 Likes
J4CTV
Active Level 1
Tablets

Hi, Keagan. I did not install the current update so I am not having issues, I just want to avoid the issues I had when I installed an update on a Galaxy Tab I owned several years ago.  So I wanted to see what others are experiencing that did install the upgrade.

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Tablets

Hi J4CTV, I respect your choice but keeping the device updated lets you enjoy enhancements like new features, extra speed, improved functionality, security and fixes for any reported bugs. We are here to assist you in case of any issues with your device.

0 Likes
J4CTV
Active Level 1
Tablets

Hi, Keagan.

I installed the update today. I will let you know how it goes. I appreciate your advice!

J

0 Likes
J4CTV
Active Level 1
Tablets

Hi, Keagan.

I use my tablet sparingly, and have noticed one issue. Most of the time I turn on my tablet it says no internet. I need to then turn wifi off, then back on again. it is a quick and easy fix, but it is a new problem that never happened prior to the upgrade.

Thanks,

Domagoj

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Tablets

Hi J4CTV, I suggest you to forget and reconnect to the network again by tapping the network and entering the password. Also, please try disabling the power saving mode if enabled.

0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Tablets
The SM-T510 is no screamer as the processor is mediocre and there's only 2GB of RAM. But I don't have any real performance issues for general tasks.

Disable as many unused apps as you can (there are programs out there to do this), especially the bloatware. And don't run a lot of background apps or have dozens of browser tabs open.
0 Likes
J4CTV
Active Level 1
Tablets

Thanks, RobertZ!  is there an app u like to use that closes unused apps? 

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Tablets

Hi J4CTV,

I suggest you to use Device care to close apps running in the background by going in the Settings → Device care → Fix now or Optimize now.