Original topic:

Support from Samsung for help with Quality Education

(Topic created on: 05-07-2023 09:53 AM)
ReubeyDoobieDoo
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets
Hello Samsung, and Samsung users,

My name is Reuben Siebenga. I am a Grade 5/6 teacher at a rural Christian school in Ontario Canada. I am in search of relevant tech tools to support our childrens future, through tools that can support the pursuit of quality education in 2023. Thank you for your support with these #globalgoals. 

I will be initiating work with these this week within my class. The students are creating an Expressionary campaign where they will be in groups that will choose one of these goals to help direct focus for their voices. They will be creating a commercial, rant, and a public service announcement around these. Also within their groups they will be utilizing ancient biblical texts that also speak to the promotion and/or eradication of some of the problems that have plagued our world for eons. Using these texts and relevant 21st century skills and tools (green screens, tablets) while incorporating age appropriate #literacy practice while collaborating and problem solving, I feel this culminating task is a blessing waiting to happen for these kids.

The reason I reach out is that the school I am presently teaching in, brings forth the arguments of screen time and negative influence of technology and is rather conservative in their spending toward such things.

I have one iPad, and the rest will be me, piecing this idea together. I know that there are ways to get people connected, and I hope this avenue will help make positive strides in that, and for #qualityeducation.

If your corporation could supply the tools (#galaxy tabs, design software- eg. -DoInk or #samsung similar applications) I would help the next generation link the positive desires of all humankind with the opportunities of today, while sharing the good news through self expression, creativity, problem solving and cooperation.

Thank you for the consideration.

Kindest regards, 
0 Likes
2 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Here is a link to Samsung's CSR, which should be a place to start:

https://csr.samsung.com/en-ca/localMain.do

Here is the link to the individual who might be better able to direct your inquiries:

E-Mail: k.mcnamara@samsung.com

Of course, maybe one of Samsung's Moderators might have a better idea, if they ever show up.. been pretty absent for a while now... 🙄 

jamieturner
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

That's great to hear, Reuben! Integrating relevant tech tools into education can enhance the learning experience and prepare students for the future. Check here some tech tools that can support the pursuit of quality education:

• Learning Management Systems (LMS): Platforms like Google Classroom, Schoology, or Microsoft Teams can streamline communication, assignment distribution, and grading. They provide a centralized hub for organizing resources and facilitating collaboration. i am using this for 10thclassresult you can aslo try.

• Interactive Whiteboards: Tools such as SMART Boards or Promethean ActivPanels can transform the classroom into an interactive learning environment. These boards allow teachers to present lessons, annotate content, and engage students in multimedia activities.

• Educational Apps: Many apps cater to various subjects and grade levels, offering interactive lessons, quizzes, and educational games. Some popular options include Khan Academy, Duolingo, and Quizlet.

• Coding and Robotics: Tools like Scratch, Code.org, or Lego Mindstorms help introduce students to coding and robotics in an engaging way. These platforms encourage problem-solving, logical thinking, and creativity.

• Digital Reading Platforms: Platforms like Epic! or Raz-Kids provide a vast collection of e-books and reading materials for students. They often include features like read-aloud options and comprehension quizzes to enhance literacy skills.

• Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR): VR and AR tools, such as Google Expeditions or Merge Cube, offer immersive experiences that can bring abstract concepts to life. Students can explore virtual environments, manipulate 3D objects, and enhance their understanding of complex topics.

0 Likes