Original topic:

ActiveWatch 2 - Canada's version incomplete

(Topic created on: 11-12-2021 05:54 AM)
Turdlufa
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
There were two features advertised for this watch, that continue to not work in Canada:
- debit tap-to-pay
- blood pressure monitoring

They work in many other countries. I paid about the same money as the watch costs in most of them, though a few sell the watch cheaper, and with complete functionality.

So...I paid for promised features that others have, and I do not. I periodically communicate with Samsung Canada support; over a period of 16 months, they always say they're working on it, and it's coming soon for both, and blame the government on wait for blood pressure. Government regulation is not my problem, it's Samsung's, and they should have planned to obey the law.

I am very disappointed that I paid for a watch that cannot perform 2 of the 4 or 5 primary functions I purchased it for. Yes, the lawyers have covered Samsung with microprint clauses, but overall, I feel it was misleading advertising, and I really paid for hardware, not functionality or satisfactory support.

0 Likes
3 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Wearables

Hi Turdlufa, currently this feature is not available on Galaxy Watch4 Series devices in Canada. However, keep an eye on the updates.

0 Likes
Turdlufa
Active Level 1
Wearables
That's your newest watch, not mine. It's also a different operating system. Are you telling me that Samsung isn't going to pursue support for these on the ActiveWatch 2? It's barely a year old. Why should I watch updates? Are you telling me it will be fixed?
0 Likes
bReNtAx
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
BP Monitoring I think will never come to active 2 in Canada. Not officially atleast. From what I heard it is a licensing issue and or something.
0 Likes