Original topic:

A70 - Battery drainage issue after Android 10 upgrade

(Topic created on: 07-19-2020 01:38 PM)
RastaChin
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hi,

Did anyone else notice that their A70 battery is draining a lot faster after the recent Android 10 software update?

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

I tried contacting Samsung, but they were not much of a help...

Thanks!
17 Comments
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy A

Hi RastaChin,

Please follow the steps provided by Cassidy, and after a major update, a wipe cache partition will usually fix the issues. 

As mentioned by Montypython, it needs some time to learn and get back to us with the result.

Thanks, Cassidy, Montypython, &  vape, for sharing the information and helping community members.

0 Likes
Jűsťsïnğh
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
okay don't worry
we have solution for it follow below steps
1. Turn off your device

wait for few seconds then

2. Press & hold power key and volume up key to get in recovery mode

( use volume up and down button to scroll or power button to Select )

3. Select 'wipe cache partition' and Select 'yes' to wipe it.

4. Select Reboot System Now

it will take few seconds to turn on and no fear of losing personal data during this process .
Hope it will fix this problem
0 Likes
RastaChin
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Hi Justsingh,

Thanks for the info.

I already tried wiping cache partition, but it didn't help.

I just cleared data and cache for the Device Care app as per Cassidy's instruction. That said, I'll give it a week to see if the new Android 10 software update will adapt to my phone usage pattern and have this resolved on it's own like Montypython and Kinsley had said earlier.

Thanks!
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I would recommend you go into apps then select battery then turn allow background activity , off for any applications you do not want running unless you have it in the fore ground. This should shut down any apps using power while you do not require it. Note apps like radio players will require this set on.
0 Likes
RastaChin
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Hi SamSungtwo,

Thank you for the tip.

That was the first that I did, but it didn't help.

Thought these software updates were supposed to improve things not worsen them, but guess not.

Thanks!
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
That's what everyone thinks. But they hide apps in new upgrades. Take a look Bixby app.
0 Likes
RastaChin
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
SMH

Feels like they fixed one issue, but created another three.

Sigh...
0 Likes
ninifantastic
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
do you charge your phone over night, charge when it's 0 and leave till it's a hundred, or keep it in the charge 24/7? if so, that may be the root cause. it leaves battery life shorter and it affects the lifespan of the phone. my dad does this a lot even tho I tell him not to after I got my phone a few months ago. consider keeping the battery 40%-80%, maybe keeping it 80% before going to bed and don't charge it. keep it out of the charger during the day unless it's under 40%. one hour before going to bed charge it to 80%,like I mentioned before. hope this helps.
0 Likes