Original topic:

Galaxy Store Privacy Warning

(Topic created on: 07-21-2020 06:21 PM)
Jay777
Options
Galaxy Note
So, I have Norton Anti-virus installed on my Note 9 from about a year but I saw this warning today possibly after new update to Galaxy Store. Does anyone know what's changed?
It seems app is sharing which applications I have on my phone to other third-party possibly?

9 Comments
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Jay777,

Please check your phone in safe mode to diagnose the issue and get back to us with the results.

Safe mode to check if added apps are causing problems. This mode loads only basic system software and it disables third-party applications.
Here are the steps for Safe mode:
1. After turning off the phone, turn it on.
2. Once the Samsung logo has started, press and hold the volume down button.
3. When the home screen appears, the safe mode is displayed in the lower-left corner of the screen.
How to deactivate safe mode.
1. Press and hold the power button.
2. Tap Restart.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Hello, There is no issue actually. it's just how privacy is handled when I use Galaxy Store. I don't mind much if only application names are shared for preferences but ill need to read more about the data of the applications that I download from Galaxy store.
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Jay777

Read what WE accept when using Galaxy Store

SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION

We may share your personal information with affiliate companies of Samsung Electronics, as well as with companies that provide services on behalf of Samsung Electronics. We may also share your personal information with trusted partner companies, such as mobile service providers or insurance companies, that provide you with products and services that you request and information about products and services you may be interested in. We share personal information with law enforcement agencies when it’s required by law or to protect Samsung Electronics and its users.

This is the complete contract :
https://static.bada.com/contents/legal/ca/default/globalpp.html

but tell us if you find something else ...
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Interesting... Most people don't read full terms and conditions lol.
Now my question is it really Mandatory to have Galaxy Store application? Because mostly I only update from Google Play Store.
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Pretty slimy business practice. Isn't $1500 for the device enough profit?
cmdacos
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
so the same ToS as every other phone manufacturer? good luck
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
There is some applications you can update without Samsung Store like Good Lock , Samsung Note, Samsung Video library, and all of those that are installed by default
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Yeah and I wonder though even if I download it from Play Store, When there is Galaxy Store installed then it will share all application information anyway😂
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
I am also concerned about the Galaxy store. Mainly because I did not agree to their terms and noticed this app cannot be disabled and strangely I see data usage but I never used any galaxy store.
0 Likes