Original topic:

Still waiting for Android 10 on my Galaxy Note 9, canadian édition

(Topic created on: 03-08-2020 01:45 PM)
alainlafond
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Yes
I'm still waiting for the Android 10 for my Galaxy Note 9, canadian édition (N960W). 
I'm tired to see, as it's the case all the time for years, on YouTube so many reviews on the upgrade from everywhere except Canada. 
I've been buying Notes since Note 3. This Note 9 is gonna be my last Note. 
So tired to be last in line. 
Why does Samsung have so many editions of the same product?
This year I even encountered a new problem. 
I'm in Thailand, and I wanted to buy a Note 10, but before I wanted to give my phone to a friend. SURPRISE! it was not possible to put my phone in thai language. Not the same firmware... No really I'm tired of this bul***it!
After so many years... 
17 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Update is the Samsung's weakness and it's bad..so i understand you
alainlafond
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
It's not that I miss a special feature in Android 10. It's the fact that I paid for flagship phone at a premium price and we are treated (as Canadians) as if I bought a cheap knock off phone.
Samsung is selling those products as they were best of best. And it's true when I bought. But for after-sale serviced forget it!
Only the fact that they used 2 SOC to save money is annoying. And that's the reasons updates come so drop to drop.
But why do they have so many firmware for the same processor?
Canadians are always last in line for updates.
Yes, you asked why am I crying for the last update? Simple, I paid flagship price and I want flagship service. More than UI 2.0, the faster secury updates, updated features of Dex,...
0 Likes
farafiro
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
I am Canadian, I have Note 9 (all the way loyal since Note 4), and I am not bothered with this updates timeframe.
I might feel jealous but I don't want to be a "rat lab' as well, beside why the rush??😉😂
I would also question how the regulators in our country cooperate with Samsung or any other investors 🙄🤔
0 Likes
alainlafond
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Good for you. I bought my first Note at version of 3. It was then the best on the market for years. But, as canadian, we're left behind. Why German, United-states, Korean,... Oh also Indians. Are they rat labs? I hate it.
0 Likes
farafiro
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
you can blame CRTC
0 Likes
alainlafond
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Android was released on september 3rd. How come it takes so many time release update. How come I receive the monthly security update of the 1st of the month always on the 23rd. My security does not worth any effort.
How come you can receive faster version update when you're on a cheap chinese phone?
And why Samsung that was always the Apple counterpart started few years ago to repeat behaviors from Apple? Why sheeping Apple by removing 3,5 mm plug from flagship phones? Samsung knows more then me watch I need? That's an apple beharior.
No, my next phone will be a chinese phone with good screen, fast processor, fast updates, and... lower price.
Enought!
0 Likes
Ironw00d
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I also have note 9 and getting fed up as I updated firmware and now on camera in pro mode there is no movie option **bleep** that's a downgrade/ and also can't get update to 10/ been a note fan from note 4 and LOVED them once upon a time.
0 Likes
jerbear72
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
tomorrow March 9 Canada is supposed to get the android 10 update
0 Likes