Original topic:

Anti-Virus

(Topic created on: 09-22-2020 01:29 AM)
Redonis-
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
What is the best anti-virus to use on my Galaxy S10 Plus? Is there a Samsung recommended?
9 Comments
blitzteh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
The one built in from McAfee
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Thank you erwin, for sharing the information.

0 Likes
Redonis-
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
thanks
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Redonjé,

I would like to inform you that "Samsung Mobile phones and Tablets have an in-built Anti-virus app installed which prevents the phone from being hacked so please run the antivirus on the phone.

The devices are protected with a highly secured Knox feature.

This will prevent any third party malware from installing or operating on the phone.
Go to settings >> Click on device maintenance >> Tap on optimize now >> Select device security at the bottom >> tap on scan phone and check for malware/viruses.

In case, you have identified any third party apps leaking your data, please check the permissions assigned to that app. Open Settings>> Apps>> select the app>> permissions.

If any third party Security/Anti-Virus app shows that there is a threat through system apps, please reach out to us with the screenshot.

Also, Use the options in the Samsung Internet app to drive away pop-ups.

Navigate to the Samsung folder in Apps, and then tap Samsung Internet. Next, tap Menu (the three horizontal lines), and then tap Ad-blockers. You’ll see a list of recommended content and ad blockers for your browser. Tap an app, and then tap Install to get the content blocker.

Before downloading Adblockers from the Play Store, make sure you are signed in to your Google account. Keep in mind that certain Ad-blockers may charge you for their usage. You can read the description and reviews when installing a content blocker.

Note: If you are using a different browser app, remember to adjust its security settings instead.

Redonis-
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
thanks for the information
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

You are welcome Redonjé, If you want to make extra sure your phone is safe. Then follow these tips to keep your phone malware-free:

- Do not download apps outside of the Play Store or Galaxy Apps.

- Avoid using anti-malware apps. Samsung does not recommend third-party anti-malware products.

- Keep your phone updated with the latest software and operating system.

0 Likes
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I use the device maintenance security with knox it's great! In addition i downloaded avast free anti virus. It is a fantastic app by the way. For web browser i use brave. Absolutely fantastic web browser. Cuts out just about ever page add keeps browsing fast and secure. One final step further for added security the windscribe vpn is exceptional if you are truly concerned about internet activity.
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Thank you letitburn, for sharing the information with us.

vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
honestly you don't need any of that stuff its just added Spyware. seriously though if you stick to the playstore or samsung store anti-virus crap is a waste of resources.

android has came a long with security since ice cream sandwich days
0 Likes