Original topic:

Pie update Camera changes

(Topic created on: 04-14-2019 06:06 PM)
Braydon
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Just wondering if anyone else is frustrated with a couple of the changes to the Camera app that came with the Pie update.

Although I preferred the style before where you just swiped left to access the different modes overall, there are 2 things that bother me the most.

1.) They removed the zoom feature on the camera shutter button where you just slide your finger left/right or up/down and it zooms in or out.  This was especially helpful when holding the phone with one hand while taking a picture.  Why they would take this away is beyond me.

2.) When you turn the phone in landscape mode, the mode options don't move to the bottom.  Thus didn't matter before because you just swiped and they appeared, but now that they're always there they should also rotate when you turn your phone.  Because now, when you're in landscape mode if you swipe left or right it flips the camera, which should be when you swipe up or down.  Seems pretty silly to me.

I think these are my biggest pet peeves of the update so far.  (Galaxy S8, not that it matters as far as I know)

Thoughts?

0 Likes
8 Comments
flamebird786
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Gonna be honest I have not had any issue with this.
0 Likes
Braydon
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
It's not that it's an issue per se, I just really don't like the way it is now compared to before, especially the zoom feature being removed. I found that feature to be really helpful sometimes and there was no reason to get rid of it.
flamebird786
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Yeah I get what you mean
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Zoom feature has been 'moved' and can still be activated one handed in photo mode. Just press and hold over the 2 trees/leaf icon and slide you thumb. It'll activate the camera zoom. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Understand it's a little inconvenient the way it is now compared to using the shutter button.
Braydon
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I'm not sure what you mean by the trees/leaf icon? Can you take a screenshot showing it maybe?
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Sorry, not sure how to describe these icon/button/pic. But touch and sliding this will activate the zoom.
Braydon
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Oh that's weird, I don't have that except for just a tree when I zoom in with pinch. But you also have Live focus which the S8 doesn't have so maybe it's because you have a newer phone.
0 Likes
Cynthia67
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
we didnt need that new update well sorry just my opinion
0 Likes