Original topic:

S10 Plus GIF not compatible with latest keyboard update

(Topic created on: 05-13-2020 07:11 PM)
Eko31
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Tried to send a GIF in a text message and it said that GIF is not compatible with the latest version on Samsung keyboard. Never had this problem before the most recent update. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? Thanks!
5 Comments
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
s20 plus update crashes and had to Uninstall the update
Galaxy S
Read some info, maybe give it a try .

Do a soft reset, holding power key and volume down together until phone restart.

Once phone restarted, try open whatsapp to send a gif. Will Samsung keyboard ask you to install collector for keyboard?
Eko31
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks for your help but so far no luck. I feel like it might have asked somethinf the first time I tried but I didn't pay much attention and closed it. Is there something I could download?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I saw other users they fixed the issue by doing soft reset, and open whatsapp send gif, then install collector for keyboard prompt and install it, then fixed.

I don't have such a problem on my Note10+. I have 2 keyboard software update today. My note10+ installed an addon software called keyboard content center. You can try search keyboard content center and see if you can find it and install it.
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Eko31,

As you have already tried suggestions provided by Tallman, I suggest you perform wipe cache partition and check if it works.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes