Original topic:

S9 getting really hot

(Topic created on: 05-13-2020 09:08 AM)
Afaf12
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
My S9 gets really hot while using it, I just cycle between 2 to 3 apps in a day. Is this normal or there is a problem

0 Likes
11 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
What are those apps?
0 Likes
Afaf12
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
insta, facebook, Snapchat, sometime YouTube but for just like 20 min not more then that
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
That explains it. Facebook and Instagram are extremely inefficient apps designed to slurp every single bit of data from your device and reselling them to the highest bidder. Your three social media apps also probably run constantly in background, searching for the latest notifications.
Afaf12
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
any idea how can I prevent them from working in the background
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @Afaf12,

Please backup the phone data to the PC using the smart switch or to Samsung Cloud and contact Samsung Live chat support so that they will help you to file a service ticket because phone overheating is not normal. The technician will examine the phone and check the root cause of the issue.

0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Woe woe
Slow down @Kinsley
I don't have these apps on some devices for this very reason bc they do heat it up 😣

Id try what @Cassidy said 1st 🤷
I've never used this but it looks good

Also backing er up and actually a factory reset and giving it a go might not be a bad idea either 🤷

Of course in settings you can also optimize everything and see if that helps 🤙👍
Afaf12
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
the problem might be the malware, I uninstalled the 3 apk files I downloaded and my device is perfectly fine
Thank you guys
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Afa12

If you think those applications have  malware, can you tell us where you download your files and the names of thoses applications to protect other people