Original topic:

Modes and Routines stop working

(Topic created on: 01-15-2023 05:26 AM)
LFCar
Active Level 1
Options
Bixby
Hello, 

On my Galaxy S22 ultra modes and routines after One UI 5.0 stop working after a certain amount of time after the restart. It only works again if another restart takes place. The modes and routines are added to the "never sleep apps" as a tentative fix issue but with no success.

Does anyone is having the same issue?
19 Comments
The__Skyrider
Active Level 3
Bixby
Try to delete your modes and routines and try to create a new one
LFCar
Active Level 1
Bixby
Hello. I did it, and the same behaviour happened again. It works for a while and after stops.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Bixby

Hi LFCar, please boot your device into safe mode and see if it resolves the issue. It is possible that a third-party app is causing the issue.

To enter Safe Mode, please perform the following:

1.First, completely power off the phone.

2.Then, power on the phone and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume down key.

3.If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen. If "Safe Mode" does not appear, repeat the steps above.

4.Once you are in Safe Mode, you can remove the third-party app that is causing issues on your phone.

5.To exit Safe Mode, simply restart your phone and it will reboot normally.

0 Likes
Members_irsd94O
Beginner Level 2
Bixby

Hello Helenna,

2 questions.

1.  How do you identify if a particular app is causing this?  It seemed to be related to the UI update, and not any particular app installed.

2.  Modes and routines will work after a phone reboot, but the following night and consecutive nights it doesn't work unless manually activated or the phone has been rebooted.  Are you suggesting to run the phone in safe mode for 2 days?

3.  I have confirmed that Modes and routines isn't on any of the battery lists.  I have 2 phone suffering this issues of modes being broken.  1 phone doesn't have any apps on the battery list.  The other has lots listed, but not modes and routines.  note 20 ultra, Galaxy S21.  both UI 5.0 Android 13

Members_81AGnxI
Beginner Level 2
Bixby

Helenna, 

I have Samsung A71 and the work mode blocked my phone. I followed the suggested steps with 'safe mode' but it did not work. Any ideas? 

Very frustrating. Previous settings on the digital wellbeing app worked fine. 

Aga

0 Likes
Members_WKWUJBd
Beginner Level 2
Bixby

I have found a fix for the same issue on my Samsung Note 20 Ultra on One UI 5.

Open Settings

Navigate to Battery and device care

Click Battery

Open Background usage limits

Then look through Sleeping Apps and Deep Sleeping apps and look for the app - Modes and Routines. If you find this app, long hold on the app and click remove on the bottom right of the screen.

Hopefully this helps someone!

0 Likes
ctrlaltabhi
Beginner Level 3
Bixby

This is happening to my brand new s23 ultra and the app isn't on any list. There is no power saving mode active.

JCO377
Beginner Level 3
Bixby

S23 ultra and having same problem. Night routine does not happen based on schedule and a work mode that I created to silence the ringer when connecting to work wifi.  Profile/mode never engages, I have to turn on manually. 

Samsung_Vx1mr6f
Beginner Level 2
Bixby

I have the same issue on my s22. I tried both of the solutions proposed... waiting for tomorrow morning to see if there is any change. The app wasn't in the sleeping or depuis sleeping apps neither on mine. I tried adding it to the never sleeping apps to see if by any chances it would help. 

Every morning the modes and routines setted for the evenings and nights never turns off. The only way I can make my device back to normal is to way until the end of the programmed end time of the modes and routines and rebooth manualy.

Any other solutions ??

0 Likes