Original topic:

A 51 calling itself to *911* several times per month.

(Topic created on: 05-29-2023 11:55 AM)
OlegB
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

Hello, I have A51. Last 6 -7 month it start working like crazy . Start taping messages itself , calling itself  to 911.  then Police calling me back - and asking all my information... E.T. C. My Wife has Samsung  A11 - she has most of same problem. We have to clean memory every  2- 3  minutes.

0 Likes
12 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Go to Settings & Search for "SOS". It sounds like you might be inadvertently be pressing the power button to trigger the Emergency Calls to 911.

Toggle Off Emergency SOS (⚠️) IF you need emergency assistance, you'll HAVE to dial 911 yourself!

Screenshot_20230529_155211.jpg

Screenshot_20230529_155126.jpg

OlegB
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Thank you. I turn it off.

KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
If what RedDogRabbit suggested to you helped you solve your problem accept it as a solution
Helenna
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, after trying the steps provided by RedDogRabbit to turn off the Emergency SOS is your issue resolved?

If yes, please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as a solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.

0 Likes
OlegB
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Yes , looks like it is help.  Last two days it did not call itself. But i am not sure about future .But it still changing pages, printing  messages itself and from time to time touch screen does not  work. I have to restart it several times per day.  If someone calling me i can not take  the Phone- screen not working ant E>T>C>

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

This is different from just accidentally dialing 911.

If it was my phone, I'd backup with Smart Switch & Factory Reset. 

How to Factory Reset:

Power of your device & Wait a few seconds.

Press & HOLD the Power + Volume UP buttons, until you feel the device vibrate. Release BOTH buttons & wait a couple of seconds until you see the Recovery Menu.

Use the Volume button to Scroll down to Wipe Data / Factory Reset & Select with the Power button.

Wait about 30 seconds until the Recovery Menu Defaults to "Restart Now" & Select with the Power Button. 

Your device will Reboot.

Your device will be as it was when you first received it. 

⚠️⚠️⚠️

BEFORE you Factory Reset, BACKUP your device with Smart Switch. 

When your device Boots up, it will be to the Welcome screen, same as when you first received your device as new.

⚠️You'll need to know your passwords etc, So write them down if you need to⚠️

Sounds like you have a bunch of issues happening. 

The only other option, take it to a Samsung Service Centre to get it checked out by a tech, your wife's as well. 

Link to locate a Samsung Service Centre:

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/

0 Likes
OlegB
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Hello, thank you, I will try. Today it call again to 911- two times. Police call me back - they  sad - all Samsung has this problem. They got tonns call every day from  Samsung phones. Even  SOS is off.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

I've owned nothing but Samsung devices since the Skyrocket, and I've never had any Samsung device unintentionally call 911.

Go and double check that emergency SOS is still Off.

Settings > Safety & Emergency > Emergency SOS.

The police would have no idea what kind of devices are calling 911, so I don't know where you got that idea? 

0 Likes
OlegB
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

I did reboot, it was working several minutes. And then everything same. 

I will, do not buy any * SAMSUNG* any more!!!I will, do not buy any * SAMSUNG* any more!!!I will, do not buy any * SAMSUNG* any more!!!I will, do not buy any * SAMSUNG* any more!!!I will, do not buy any * SAMI will, do not buy any * SAMSUNG* any more!!!SUNG* any more!!!.............................

0 Likes