Original topic:

After a Samsung update, Cannot see "Names" in Texts, anyone have a soluion

(Topic created on: 05-02-2022 12:02 PM)
CClucky
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
I have tried multiple fixes from internet and Cell agent at Costco tried and could not resolve.
THIS IS A BUG!
Any solution would be welcome
14 Comments
Mitch3032
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
I'm having the same problem... SAMSUNG FIX YOUR BUG. I hate updates that mess with stuff
geoff1965
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Agreed please fix
Helenna
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, are you refererring to message app?

0 Likes
CClucky
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Yes in Message app
0 Likes
Brantley
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, We recommend you to use Google Messages instead of preloaded Samsung MessagesApp. •Download from Google Play store: Google Messages and set as default. Then see it will fix the issue. Samsung's innovation in scale by joining forces with Google on a common messaging client as default messaging app, Samsung has preloaded Android Messages for default messaging application. This new Android Messages was integrated with key features and services developed together by both Samsung and Google and is a common messaging client based on Android Messages, which incorporates core Samsung features such as the Multi Device Experience (MDE), Smart Switch and S Cloud, within a familiar Samsung One UI interface. Samsung believes that this change will accelerate RCS(Rich Chatting Service) adoption and help our Galaxy users' messaging experiences more engaging and delightful.

0 Likes
CClucky
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Fyi, this has fixed the issue, by moving to Googl message, HOWEVER, my wife has the same phone did the same update and still uses the original messages.
I do not like the nuances of the Google app,
0 Likes
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
So we bought thousands of dollars of Samsung's "flagship phone" just to use Google apps??? LMFAO
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Seems weird to see moderators recommending Google apps over Samsung's own. Maybe they will soon recommend buying a Pixel instead 🤷
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Exactly what I thought as well.