Original topic:

Push notifications not working

(Topic created on: 05-06-2022 02:47 PM)
srm143
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
I had issues with how my contacts displayed in the messages app after the latest update.  I was told to download and use Google messages app instead.  Since then, push notifications no longer works.  Any suggestions on how to get it to work again?  So many issues since this last update.  I have an A52 5G.  TY.
0 Likes
6 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

What do you mean by "push notifications" for Google's Messages, or are you talking about something else? 

0 Likes
srm143
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
2 step verification, a push notification is sent to ur phone. The old messages app the notifications would come through, but with this app they don't.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

2-Step verification texts are working with Google Messages on my device. 

Is the number you see that is set for verification correct, and do you have "unknown numbers" blocked in your Dialer Settings? If you do, that's the likely reason why you don't receive the verification texts. 

srm143
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Samsung support already went through that with me, yes I've ensured the number is correct and I don't have any numbers blocked, thank you for those suggestions.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

But you receive texts from other people? 

I'd try 2 things then:

• Clear Cache & Data for Google Messages. (Don't worry, your previous Texts will repopulate after a few minutes). 
  • Remove 2-Step verification & Enable it again.

Try that & see if it's working for you now.

If it's set up properly, there's no reason for you not to receive the verification texts. 

Helenna
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, if you are referring to two step verification for Samsung account, please try below and keep us posted.

1. Your device isn't connected to a network or the signal isn't strong enough.

2. Samsung account hasn't been updated on your Galaxy. To update it, go to Settings >> Samsung account >> More options >> About Samsung account.

0 Likes