Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

chat settings for samsung messages

(Topic created on: 05-25-2020 01:08 PM)
daniela__
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Is there any way to force enable chat settings for the stock messages app on my galaxy a8 on android 9? Freedom mobile says because my phone was unlocked and brought over, they can't enable it or wifi calling. Is getting it from the phone's original provider really the only way? Help
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
I haven't tried with your particular model and carrier but that's how the system works so there's no reason that won't work.

So type this in your dialer: *#243203855#
Next you'll want to select the GLW entry and press Install. I repeat, this WILL wipe your phone. Backup your data before you proceed

View solution in context

0 Likes
18 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
You must use the correct software for those features. Please share a screenshot of this in Settings/About/Software:
0 Likes
daniela__
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
0 Likes
Rebekka
Options
Galaxy A

Hello,

Please contact the carrier to get more information about the update.

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
You are on Telus CSC. You must change it to GLW. Doing that WILL wipe your phone.
0 Likes
daniela__
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
have you tried this and it worked?
0 Likes
daniela__
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
how do I change those settings??
0 Likes
cloneofghosts
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I have the same phone but with Fido and I don't have RCS with Samsung Messages as well but Google Messages does work.

I think it might not be available for the A8 but it is on other Android 9/10 devices.
0 Likes
daniela__
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Yes. I contacted freedom mobile and they said RCS is available for samsung defies but just hasn't rolled out to the a8 yet
0 Likes
Solution
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
I haven't tried with your particular model and carrier but that's how the system works so there's no reason that won't work.

So type this in your dialer: *#243203855#
Next you'll want to select the GLW entry and press Install. I repeat, this WILL wipe your phone. Backup your data before you proceed
0 Likes