Original topic:

DECO PIC telephone permission

(Topic created on: 06-10-2021 01:56 PM)
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
Why did DECO PIC require telephone permission?

9 Comments
Halston
Options
Galaxy A

Hi SamSungtwo,
You need to agree to the telephone permission because if you are using the app and you get a call from someone. Then, it makes the app still work while talking to someone.

0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Why can't the telephone permissions be denied?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
I am an app developer and yes it does sound wierd just because of keeping the app in background or ablity to use the app while in call telephone permissions are not required. Might be it is using to provide app based features based on carriers (one such example is this app: samsung members regardless of your phone firmware when you insert the sim it reads the carrier info and provide your actual country specific information/community feeds)

(Might be that app is using Phone permission to access these – access your phone number and network info)
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
What I find weird is this app is not necessary and it was installed with android 10 and I can't uninstall.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

You can't uninstall system apps, but you can disable it with adb or one of Package Disabler apps on the Play Store. But be careful, disabling some system apps can cause problems. 

SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I am familiar with and use adb. However no unnecessary app should be installed especially not allowing permissions to not be changed.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Take it up with Samsung, or quit complaining & actually do something about apps you don't like. 

rpt5150
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I have this same app...for reals
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A

Another great example that even tho, I've bought the phone with my hard-earned money. The phones is not actually mine, is Samsung's 😕

0 Likes