Original topic:

How can I turn off the shortcut for taking screenshot with power+down key?

(Topic created on: 12-22-2019 10:28 AM)
NeverAbill
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
I have been struggling to find a way to turn off the screenshot shortcut of power and volume down key. Can anyone tell me how can I do it?

It **bleep** that the phone keeps take screenshots accidentally. Such a waste Samsung!
12 Comments
Galaxy A
Uhm - Pressing & Holding both Power + Volume Down is a pretty deliberate action - It's not likely to be accidental... Just don't press that combination & problem solved lol 😂 🐧
0 Likes
j4wbreaker_
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

No it's not just a deliberate action you **bleep** moron, the power and volume buttons are on each side and everyone holds their phone by the sides so it's that easy to press that combo by mistake. No wonder there's a ton of threads of people asking how to disable this annoying feature. Ok, so shut the **bleep** up.

NeverAbill
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
I have tried to consciously avoid it, but it still happens accidentally!
0 Likes
Galaxy A
In roughly 10 years - I've never* accidentally taken a screenshot... What can I say... 🐧
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
I dont want to sound like Steve Jobs but you're holding it wrong. All kidding aside you have to force your body into new muscle memory. I too have never accidentally taken a screen shot with any of my devices.
Galaxy A
@Samesung lmao 😂
0 Likes
wackdonald
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
dude happens to me a lot too. I turned off the swipe to screenshot cause that happened a lot too but I dont know about the double press.
lolapickle
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
new by here. how do I take a screenshot
0 Likes
LeonidasSpartan2
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A

I have this same problem accidental screenshots all the ******* time. I'm a tech guru too. I think it has to do with the size of the s10+ for me. I've never had this problem on any other phone. It's so large I have to slide my hand to reach the top buttons and I end up losing some grip control. You can't hold it from the bottom like a normal phone.