Original topic:

MESSAGES app problem after update

(Topic created on: 05-05-2022 12:44 PM)
Members_MNlXp1a
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

After update none of my text messages were linked to my contact names.  My wife had same problem with her Galaxy A52 ... very disappointing . Had to remove Samsung text message app and use Google instead.  What is happening!?

8 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Apparently Samsung is moving away from some of it's own apps.

Google Messages, Microsoft's One Drive....others to follow I'm sure, may have missed a couple here as well?

[RUMOUR] Samsung is abandoning apps & redirecting resources to Order, Delivery & Refund Departments. 

"Samsung believes that this change will accelerate RCS(Rich Chatting Service) adoption and help Galaxy users messaging experiences more engaging and DELIGHTFUL." 

😂

0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, we suggest you to set Google messages as a default messaging app.

To accelerate innovation in scale by joining forces with Google on a common messaging client as default messaging app, Samsung has preloaded Android Messages for default messaging application.

This new Android Messages was integrated with key features and services developed together by both Samsung and Google and is a common messaging client based on Android Messages.

0 Likes
stgt
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
How do set it to Google messages
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

When you open Google Messages, it will ask you to select either Google Messages or Samsung's Messaging as the default Messaging app, Choose Google Messages. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
this is b's
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
I dont want to move to google and have my sms text messages go through my google account
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
it's a privacy thing
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
are you guys working to fix this issue with the original messages app or do I have no choice but to switch??
0 Likes