Original topic:

No audio when playback any call recorder app. Help!

(Topic created on: 07-08-2020 06:19 PM)
SungSamA50
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Tried all the popular apps. Recordings show date, time, duration, and voice bars but without audio. Voice recording audio playback works fine. Samsung told me to take it for service. Anyone else have this problem?
0 Likes
14 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Not all apps know how to properly circumvent the roadblocks put on the road to call recording. Have you tried Boldbeast Call recorder? It works great for me on Android 10.

And before anyone chimes in, saying it's illegal in Canada:

No it's not. You can record any conversation you are actively involved with, and likewise the person at the other end of the call can record you anytime they want. Disclosure of call recording by individuals is not necessary as per the law. Other rules do apply for businesses. Refer to the PIPEDA for more information.
Source: https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/c-46/section-184.html
SungSamA50
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Update: I have audio for "memo list" recordings.

No audio for "call list" recordings. After installing Boldbeast, I tried making an outgoing call. Dailed the number, pressed record (large red circle), after 15s pressed button to end, small red button or standby mode turned on. Next I selected "call list" and played the recording. Duration, date, and time was correct. No audio, however. Am I missing a step or not doing it correctly? Help, please.
0 Likes
SungSamA50
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Thanks for your help. I tried all the settings but I wasn't able to get audio. Boldbeast has an incredible amount of detailed FAQ content. Impressive. Unfortunately my phone is determined to break me. If I didn't need it for medical reasons it would be inconsequential.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Samsung_FJpR5NK, If you used a third-party Auto Call Recorder (ACR) app during calls but voice recording did not work properly, this is normal, even if it worked on your previous Samsung phones.

Starting with the S9 and S9+, Samsung has blocked call recording through third-party ACR applications based on Google security policy and local laws. However, some third-party app developers have found a detour for voice recording and have applied it to their apps. Those applications have been working on previous Samsung devices, whereas they are blocked on S9/S9+ and newer devices due to improved call recording solutions.

If your country permits call recording by local law, voice recording during calls will be possible via preloaded Phone and Call applications in upcoming software updates. Samsung is reviewing each local law and permitted countries.

0 Likes
SungSamA50
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Hi keagen, thanks for letting me know. I got my A50 as a Christmas gift and still trying to get used to it. I'm not tech savvy at all. When I called Samsung for help they told me to take it to a Service centre. Would they even be allowed to try a third-party app with detours on my phone? It's very important that I have ACR as an assistive aid.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Yes, Samsung_FJpR5NK, personally I think this would be also useful for elder people and also can be used for assistance. I hope Samsung will come up with some updates after reviewing the policies.

SungSamA50
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
What a difference it can make in so many lives. According to the World Health Organization, 47.5 million people live with dementia, including Alzheimer's disease, worldwide. I hope Samsung will come up with some possibilities ASAP.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Have you followed the steps to enable Boldbeast as an assistance service?
SungSamA50
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I tried so many settings combinations, repeatedly. Honestly don't know how messed up my phone is after all that.🥴 At one point OK Google settings were attempted. My Assistant got muted. I couldn't have them both open
0 Likes