Original topic:

reactions in text messaging

(Topic created on: 03-28-2021 01:47 PM)
ChrisJDobson
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
So, I have friends who use the texting chat options and can react to my messages like they can in Facebook. However, I cannot

Is there a feature you have to turn on or is this depending on the carrier?
17 Comments
Galaxy A

The feature they are using is RCS. It is based on carrier, give them a shout to see if they support RCS

more information can be found here;

https://blog.pocketstop.com/the-differences-between-sms-mms-imessage-and-rcs

0 Likes
soccerdad
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
I'm more in tuned to say that it's the app, and not the carrier. I have RCS working on my phone, but I don't have the same features like iMessage. I am using Samsung Messages and from my understanding we have to wait for Samsung to introduce this as an upgrade.
Galaxy A
Yeah, RCS require another end also using RCS in order to have iMessage like feature. If the other end not support RCS, Samsung message will send as SMS instead.
ChrisJDobson
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
I am using RCS and I am able to see the message in blue. also delivered and read! however, some people who has their message as blue can respond with an emoji to my message but when I hold down their messages, it give me 7 options and no emoji option.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Emoji isn't from keyboard?
0 Likes
ChrisJDobson
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
it is. just a quick reaction. where I can see someone reacted to my text. where I can't react to someones text
0 Likes
Kittyburgers
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Reactions are only available if you're using Google Messages. As far as I know, Samsung Messages doesn't offer this yet.

TK6
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Samsung needs to get on board already! We don't ask for much lol

Stárry
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I switched to Google messages and I still can't use reactions, like my iPhone friends can do