Original topic:

[RESOLVED] How to get rid of SD card permanent notification?

(Topic created on: 03-16-2023 02:54 PM)
ArithePigeon
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
My SD card has a notification with the options "Open" and "Unmount". I can't mute the notification, nor get rid of it.

Edit: I contacted Samsung's support chat, we did several things that eventually fixed the SD permanent notification.

1) we reset the settings preferences 
2) we reset permissions and settings for applications 
3) Shut off phone, opened SD card, reinserted it, and then turned it back on. 

It reappeared at first, but after 30min ish, I was simply able to "slide" it away, thus removing it. 

I'm not sure which one of these methods fixed it for me, but people can try it and see if it works. 

0 Likes
10 Comments
mindlz
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
What model phone?
Also, not meaning to insult your intelligence, but have you clicked on the, "open," word in the notification?

I think, not sure, that other hidden files might cause this to persist.
0 Likes
ArithePigeon
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
It's my A53 5G Samsung phone, I previously had the SD card in my A50, but the notification is new on my current phone.
The "open" button leads me to the folder list of the SD card and the unmount is the "Eject USB" equivalent lol.

What hidden file could cause this?
0 Likes
Galaxy A

Next time when the notification shows again, long press on the notification, there will have a button "Turn off notifications". Then this SD card notifications will not show in the futurfe.

0 Likes
ArithePigeon
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
This doesn't work, the notification comes from " System Ui " and the setting button to turn off the notification is greyed out/blocked
0 Likes
Galaxy A

Like Mindlz suggested, have you try click on Open?

0 Likes
ArithePigeon
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Yeah! It brings me to the files/folders in my SD card
0 Likes
ArithePigeon
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Here's what I see when I press OpenScreenshot_20230316_193343_Messenger.jpgScreenshot_20230316_222818_My Files.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy A
On the far right end, there is a notification icon, can you click on it and any option to turn it off?
0 Likes
ArithePigeon
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
No :( is there any way to bypass the forced notification? Screenshot_20230316_224839_Samsung Members_1000015904_1679021345.jpgScreenshot_20230316_224931_Samsung Members_1000015906_1679021371.jpg
0 Likes