Original topic:

Samsung NOTES crashing since update

(Topic created on: 06-28-2021 10:54 AM)
Veeb
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
I updated my Samsung device (A11) and now my notes crash. I can open the notes app, but not the individual note. The screen blanks out and goes to home screen. Frustrating!! I have important addresses in my notes.
I have the latest notes updates, I restarted my phone, I cleared my caches. 
14 Comments
Georgine
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, please follow the steps below to perform wipe cache and soft reset on your phone and get back to us with the results.

Here are the steps for wipe cache partition of the device:

-Turn off the device.

- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.

- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.

- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.

- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.

- Press Power key to select.

Also try soft reset can help solve Samsung Notes app crashing without fear of losing your files.

Press down your phone's Volume Down button firmly. Use another finger to press down the Power Key without releasing the Volume Down button. Hold both buttons down for 12 seconds and be sure your phone reboots. You may feel your phone vibrate but hold down the buttons until your phone comes up again.

- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.

- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

- Press the Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
Veeb
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thank you for the suggestions. I tried both but my notes are doing the same thing. Note app opens but opening a specific note brings me back to home screen.
That's after wiping cache on reset as well as rebooting several times.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
One more thing you can try.

Open Settings → Apps → Samsung Notes

Click 3 dots on top right
Click Uninstall updates

Try open the Notes again and see if it crash or not. If it doesn't, you can choose stay in this version or try to update Samsung Notes again. Update again may fix the problem itself.Screenshot_20210628-185034_Settings_45904.jpg
0 Likes
Veeb
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I read somewhere that if you uninstall then reinstall you will lose your notes. Is there a way to go back a version? Like.. go back to before the latest update?
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Are you upgraded from old version to new version of Samsung Notes?

You can backup your Notes by Sync with Samsung Cloud. Or you can backup your Notes by using SmartSwitch.

My suggestion was not uninstall Samsung Notes. It is uninstall the Samsung Notes updates. However, backup your Notes first, then perform uninstall updates.
0 Likes
Veeb
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Ahh.. just uninstall notes updates. That wouldbe helpful. Thank you for your time and suggestions!
I do not have 3 dots when I open settings/apps/samsung notes. There is an "uninstall" button at the bottom.but not uninstall updates.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
If only uninstall button, don't click it. Better do a backup before you uninstall it. Back it up to Samsung Cloud.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Oh...have you checked Galaxy Store if there is any new Samsung Notes app updates?
0 Likes
Veeb
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I have checked the store for updates to Notes. I have the latest version. How can I trust my notes to be backed up to samsung cloud when I can't access my notes?? I would rather uninstall the latest notes update.. or complete samsung update, if that's possible
0 Likes