Original topic:

samsung galaxy smart tag won't ring phone.

(Topic created on: 02-06-2021 02:14 PM)
kdazzle
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Gallery
The samsung smart tag worked as normal with s21 ultra and I could use the 2 times button push to make the phone ring in case I need to find it. However when setup on galaxy note20ultra the feature for find phone by ringing it with 2 button pushes on smart tag is not there. A

Anyone have a solve for this
17 Comments
kdazzle
Active Level 1
Galaxy Gallery
it doesn't show the ring phone option on note ultra ? it does on the s21

20210206_175832_1895.jpg

0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Gallery
that's weird... I got the option both on my Z fold 2 and my S21 Ultra
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Gallery
you do have the smart things find plug in on your Note 20 ultra, right? and everything is updated to the latest version?
0 Likes
kdazzle
Active Level 1
Galaxy Gallery
I do it asked me to download plug-ins during setup and I've tried remove reinstall as well
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Gallery
what is the smart things app version on your Note 20 ultra? your buttons seem different.

you can check by going into your smart things app

click the 3 lines on top left corner

click the gear button on the top right corner of the newly appeared window

scroll all the way down and click on "about smartthings"

I'm on 1.7.60.23
0 Likes
GUEDOUCHE
Active Level 1
Galaxy Gallery
batterie toujours à recharger Galaxy A10
0 Likes
kdazzle
Active Level 1
Galaxy Gallery
Resolved! it needed an update.
0 Likes
JohnWick1968
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Gallery

Hi there

For anybody who still has or is having this problem right now. 2 things, if your tag is not working in finding your phone with double press on tag + or tag. If your are sure your phone is connected to your tag, for example you can find your tag with your phone and make it ring then you don't have to reset tag. Just delete the app "SmartThings" and reinstall. Once the app is reinstalled it will find your tag,  then follow all the steps and Bob's your Uncle "It's fixed"! Also if you have the tag+ don't forget to go to settings, connection and switch on UWB for the camera search to work. It's not on by default. You do need to have a compatible Samsung Smartphone that supports UBW connection, not all Samsung phones have this option. Good luck! 🤗 

0 Likes