Original topic:

All my messages dissapeared instantly...

(Topic created on: 04-04-2019 08:16 PM)
Partizan
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
All my messages dissapeared instantly(no reason) what could I do to restore them?
Galaxy Note 9.
Thx

0 Likes
5 Comments
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I've heard this happen to a few people. I'm assuming it could either be because of you upgrading your OS, hence getting a new version of the messages app. As always, do make sure no one (kids?) got into your phone and deleted them. Hopefully you had them synced. Try restarting your phone. If that doesn't help, go into settings > clouds and accounts > Samsung cloud > check and see if messages data/all phone data is backed up/synced. If not, try clearing messages app cache by going into settings > apps > messages > storage > clear cache. You can also try contacting your service provider, but unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to get them back. Do make a note of feedback to Samsung, though. Hope that helps.
Rosser
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
lots of changes with latest update in March 2019. Gotta get used to em on my Note 8.
NICONO
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
i decided to not update my Note8 now .... its look like to much changing and lost to much things.... i thinks i m still waitting.....
0 Likes
dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Good choice on not updating , if it ain't broke, dont fix it! Now I'm looking for a phone repair shop to flash Oreo back .
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Have a look at this link - FYI I use SMS Backup & Restore from the Play Store - It backs up my SMS to my Google Drive account on a daily schedule - I don't know if the link below will work for you - But it's a good idea to have your important information backed up daily 🐧

http://www.android-recovery-transfer.com/recover-sms-from-samsung.html
0 Likes