Original topic:

Attn Good Lock Team: Split-screen shortcuts mess up Google Maps

(Topic created on: 06-09-2021 01:03 PM)
waqqas31
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
If Google Maps is already navigating, the following methods cause it to "fall-back" into an odd navigation view like in the screenshot below:

1. Holding down the Recents key
2. Using the split screen shortcut within One-Hand Operation+.

However, if Maps enters split screen view via the Apps Edge Panel, then the navigation view stays the way it should.

Devs, please fix this.

Thanks!

8 Comments
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, please check if there is any update available for Google Maps.

Also, perform clear cache on your phone. To clear cache, go to  Settings, swipe to, and touch Apps. Swipe to and touch the app you want to clear. Touch Storage, and then touch Clear cache.

0 Likes
waqqas31
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Hi Georgine,

There was an update to Maps after I started experiencing this issue but it didn't fix the problem.

I also cleared the cache and tried again. Didn't make a difference.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, have you performed the wipe cache partition of the device? If not, please follow the steps below to perform it on your phone and get back to us with the results.

Here are the steps for wipe the cache partition of the device: - Turn off the device. - Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key. - When the Android logo displays, release all three keys. - An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear. - Press the Volume down key several times to highlight the wipe cache partition. - Press the Power key to select. - Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select. - When the wipe cache partition is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted. - Press the Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
waqqas31
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I just wiped the cache partition of the device (as you instructed) and then of Google Maps as well. The behaviour is still the same.
0 Likes
-Tony
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi,

Could you please share the picture of Google Maps before following the two methods to understand that layout of Maps?

0 Likes
waqqas31
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Hi Tony,

The good news is that this issue has been resolved. The bad news is that means I can't provide comparative screenshots like you requested ;)

Thanks!
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, Glad to know that the issue got resolved.

If you found a solution to your query please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as a solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.

0 Likes
waqqas31
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Actually, the solution was probably through app updates. I didn't do anything and one day I checked again and it was working fine 😅
0 Likes