meep
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Build Number : N986WVLU2DUH1
Android version : R(Android 11)
Release Date : 2021-08-24
Security patch level : 2021-08-01

Why is this update 1.2Gb? Must be some huge security vulnerability being fixed.
15 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

For an update to be that size, it almost certainly includes fixes / optimization. It's not just a security patch.

It says as much on Telus' update schedule. 

meep
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
It says that no matter the size. 😒 Any update this large only occurs when a new android or one u.i version is released. Since it's neither, I suggested a huge vulnerability being fixed.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Actually, no it doesn't say "security update" & "optimizations"  regardless of the size of the update.

Have a look at Telus's update schedule, & you'll see that Telus makes a distinction between just a security update & optimizations. 

There's no way that a vulnerability would require this size of update. 

But think what you want. 

Screenshot_20210825_141839.jpg

TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Some features have been added in to one U.I as well.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
So far from what I can see, this update added the Remaster Picture feature in the Gallery. Screenshot_20210825-073507_Gallery_83104.jpg
aarondesj
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I kept getting a pop up request to activate RCS from Google, but when I check the app it's coming from, it's the stock Samsung Messages icon. Weird
0 Likes
meep
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
they removed hidden apps from being searched. **bleep**? That's how I keep app drawer clean of rarely used apps. If I need to use it, I launch it from the search field.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

If you're talking about Samsung system apps, you can still search them, you just have to go to settings > apps & Toggle on the view for system apps.

If you're talking about user apps & system apps & their data, that can only be viewed with Root, Which is an Android 11 thing, not Samsung's. 

0 Likes
meep
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
nope. You're mistaken I'm talking about using the search bar anywhere to search for a user installed app that was made hidden.
0 Likes