Original topic:

Goodbye Note Series?

(Topic created on: 11-27-2020 06:10 AM)
NasJiJi
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
As far as I've been hearing, the Samsung Note21 will be the last of the Note series. 
Not sure why Samsung wants to discontinue, but I read the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 will be replacing it, as it will have a stylus.
I read this from random sources while browsing.

Has anyone else heard/read something more concrete or better sourced?
0 Likes
15 Comments
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
well there where rumors even before the note 20's where released that because of the amount of devices and the price of samsung's current device line up and declining sales including the note series, that it was likely going to be axed after this year. or the other theory is 2021 that year's note will be the last one making it officially 10 years of the note series. also it makes more sense for samsung to added the s-pen support to other devices that sell better and have it as an accessory. also it makes sense for samsung to bring the s-pen to other devices like the galaxy folds with much bigger screens and batteries that have more of an up and coming future. but take this info with a grain of salt, it's only rumors at this poInt.

I would like to see both Scenarios while also having the note series stick around for awhile longer.
0 Likes
NasJiJi
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
in my opinion, the folds are basically the notes but larger and can fold, which is basically a foldable tablet.
only only issue is going to be the Fold series tech.
Their functions are not nearly close to the notes. Screens, color, and capabilities are still limited.. I think note series is going too soon..unless Samsung solves all these problems for next fold phone
0 Likes
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
I'd be ok with that, as a long time note user. I have no issue switching to a good fold version. long as I can keep my s-pen capabilities. not to mention the tec specs on the z fold 2 are great regardless. camera is steller to. whats not to like
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
the price, that's something not to like :).
0 Likes
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
true but new Samsung tec is allways pricey
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
pricey yes. which I was fine with they do make nice phones. I had no problem spending 1500 on one but after it past that line by over 500 in a year they can keep it.

let's not forget the s20 ultra and how much hate that phone has gotten but than again I would be mad too if I spent 2000 on something and not everything is up to par.

see the way I look at it 500 for a good phone that will last a year and maybe a bit longer. Now when we bump it up to 1000-1500 I'm expecting 2 years with minimal bugs which samsung did a good job until this year.

now if you think about it a 2000 dollar investment in a phone that's going to be worth under a 1000 in a year worth it ? thats a big lost. compared to say the s10 or even the note 9 where you could sell privately and get a fair chunk of your money vs an s20/note 20 ultra.
0 Likes
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
well said I have a similar thoughts about them. unfortunately I cant get the market to stop paying those crazy prices and drive them down in cost.
0 Likes
NasJiJi
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
well..phones arent investments, they're expenses.
and yes, canceling the note series after 10 years of developing it, improving, finally improving the stylus contact frames. But I guess they want to take it else where.
let's just hope its somewhere samsung users wanna go
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
nas- do you keep old phones or sell them ?
0 Likes