Original topic:

Green tint issue on my Z Fold 2....just another problem with this phone...

(Topic created on: 02-05-2021 03:36 PM)
OlytheGoalie
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey all, whenever I switch screens or return to my home screen I get a green tint for approx 3-5 seconds. As I said just another issue to go along with the hideous network connection strength and the rediculously poor fingerprint reader and now this....I am so glad I bought this phone. This truly is the most incredible and cool phone I have ever held and used but all that coolness just disappears with all its issues.  Quite honestly I likely will never buy another Samsung product again. On both other issues I have waited for literally hours on hold to try to connect to the special concierge service which is laughable only to be told I need to send in my phone for service and be without it for 10 plus days....NEVER AGAIN!

0 Likes
7 Comments
OlytheGoalie
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
and of course it doesn't show up very well on the screen shot
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi OlytheGoalie, It’s a phenomenon which the brightness looks slightly different only under certain conditions due to the fine characteristics difference of the individual semiconductor elements that make up AMOLED display, and does not affect to the device performance.

0 Likes
OlytheGoalie
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Keagan, thanks for the feedback but it never did it previously. I have had this phone since October and it has only started doing it in the last week.
0 Likes
OlytheGoalie
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
the color of the 'tint' I guess I would call it goes from light green and faded and then 3 to 5 seconds later it switches and goes back to the nice rich colors and only on the inside screen, the outside screen does not so it. No offense but I fail to understand how it has anything to do with brightness...either way, no other display I have does it including my Note 10 Plus.
0 Likes
OlytheGoalie
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
anyone else with the Fold 2 having this issue with the temporary discoloration of the tint or screen color when switching from an app to the home screen?
Dgonidakis
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

I have the same issue with my z fold 2

0 Likes
OlytheGoalie
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I really love the idea behind this phone but too many issues plague the everyday usage making this phone quite disappointing. Dgonidakis...are you generally happy with the phone. I had my screen replaced as I had the mysterious bump arise as well as the mother board replaced for signal quality and I still have incredibly poor reception from the phone. I have a non global $100 Ukitel phone that had far superior service too this Fold 2 and that is extremely disappointing. I am asking because I think I am going to approach Samsung for a refund of this phone and would like to know if anyone else is dissatisfied. Keagan's answer that it is a part of how the phone works normally is unfortunately a silly canned Samsung answer. I have never had a AMOLED screen do this ever and in my opinion just another cover up of underlying issues.
0 Likes