Original topic:

battery drain note 10 plus

(Topic created on: 10-09-2020 09:12 AM)
NavSan
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Always the same. New Note comes in, the older goes slow and start draining battery faster. Updates from Samsung make it sure. Got this note 10 plus last year, worked fine until Note 20 was out... Now drains battery in like 15 hours... Great going Samsung! 
15 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi NavSan, Are you experiencing the issue after performing the update? Please check which applications are using more battery by going into Settings > Device Care (or Device Maintenance) > Battery.

0 Likes
snooksnake
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I'm lucky to get 12 hrs on my Samsung S10 i find very poor. will be going new Apple phone.
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi snooksnake, Your device provides various options that help you conserve battery power.
• Optimize the device using the device care feature.
• When you are not using the device, turn off the screen by pressing the Side key.
• Activate power saving mode.
• Close unnecessary apps.
• Deactivate the Bluetooth feature when not in use.
• Deactivate auto-syncing of apps.
• Decrease the backlight time.
• Decrease screen brightness.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Hi NavSan

2 things to do :

First : Wipe cache partition after each major Android update :

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/Wipe-cache-partition-for-all-devices-EN-FR/m-p/3156063#M1...

Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Turn off the device. This is important as your device won’t boot to Recovery Mode when it’s on.

Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.Once the Android Recovery screen comes up, release the buttons.

Use the Volume Down button until you are highlighting ‘Wipe cache partition.’

Press the Power button to select ‘Wipe cache partition.’Use Volume Down to highlight Yes.

Press the Power button to confirm the action to clear the cache.

Wait for a second as the system wipes the cache.

Press the Power button again to reboot the device.

This will return the device to the normal interface.

Second :

Settings/Applications/Device care/Storage...Empty cache and Data  and restart the device

That's it....Enjoy

0 Likes
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
15 hour usage complaint for battery life. wow how can we help you any further. 24 in a day the device takes 2 hours max to fully recharge. with the provided Samsung charger. not on fast chage setting. I have the 10 plus. after every update the device gets absolutely better in my experience. I run mine in high performance mode full wquhd res. 24/7 I don't even turn on adapatavie battery. I have no issue's heavy to moderite use two day's use in one battery charge cycle is never and issue. dark mode is your friend if your that concerned. I suggest turning all those on. follow cassidy provided advice for battery profiomance optium usage. seriously bashing Samsung for issue's competitors have dont in the past with devices is very sad.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Thanks Cassidy.

Hi NavSan, You could try performing the wipe cache partition as suggested by @Cassidy and check if the issue is subsided.

0 Likes
dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I've been saying for years now that Samsung cripples battery life with each update. Are people finally starting to understand that now?
0 Likes
NavSan
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I've experienced it every time, reported for the first time... Completely agree 👍
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi NavSan, Could you please let us know the results after performing the wipe cache partition. This removes the temporary files which might be causing the issue.

0 Likes