Original topic:

Hard time selling my phone.

(Topic created on: 09-15-2023 09:05 AM)
_umar_
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
I've decided to sell my note 20u but I am having a very hard time selling it, no one wants it. I recently sold my mom's old iPhone 6s for her with 60% battery and I got 20 messages in the first day. I've had my note 20u up for almost 4 days and the only message I've gotten is a scam. I've even listen my phone for less then what others are selling the note 20u for but still, no one wants it. Is there anything I can do about this?
0 Likes
7 Comments
Galaxy Note
Just a few suggestions. Is there anyone in your workplace that may be interested in your Note 20u phone? If not, would your friends or their families be interested in the phone or you could always post it for sale on Kijiji. I would not recommend Facebook Market Place as it is notorious for scams to occur there.
Just a quick story in relation trying to sell an item. I used to work in the housekeeping department at a hotel and there was a co-worker looking for a reliable vehicle. Fortunately I had one to sell, told them about it, they had a look at it and said they would take it for $1000. I said sure, signed all the paperwork, they gave me the money and sale was done.
0 Likes
_umar_
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I can't find anyone. Might just trade it in with rogers for a newer phone.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
That would be the best alternative. Then you can use whatever amount you get from your old phone and put it towards the purchase of the new phone.
0 Likes
KayJay123
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
The preference for iPhones over Androids can be attributed to Apple's brand loyalty and perceived longevity in software updates. Moreover, for the price you've listed your Note 20U, potential buyers might be considering brand-new Android phones of other brands. This could explain the difficulty in selling your used device. To boost chances of a sale, consider revising your listing, checking competitive pricing, and exploring multiple platforms.
0 Likes
pchan0
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
how much are you selling it for?
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
This is the reality. After Covid, many people are struggling and not many wants to be spending on non-essential stuff.

I used to love buying new phones, test them and then resell and I've been having a hard time as well.

Took me over a month to sell my Z flip 5. So don't be impatient. 4 days only is not long at all. You can't expect someone to jump on your ad as soon as you post it. Patience is key.

I don't know where you reside but I've found a trusted source that buys used phone here in Montreal. I think they do it all around Canada too. I'll let you check out the details.

Their website is gorecell.com
0 Likes
KingLalibela
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
Had a samsung a12 used for a year. Put it on kijiji. Sold in few days only. Sold it slightly more than purchased! Phone was in excellent conditions👌🏿
0 Likes