Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

How do you locate your S pen on the note 20 ultra if it is detached?

(Topic created on: 08-24-2020 08:38 PM)
Craig
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
How do you locate your S pen on the note 20 ultra if it is detached?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Hi @Craig
If it is like the Note10+ , you go in Settings, Advanced features/S-Pen and you enable Pen proximity Alert like in the following picture.

View solution in context

17 Comments
Solution
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Hi @Craig
If it is like the Note10+ , you go in Settings, Advanced features/S-Pen and you enable Pen proximity Alert like in the following picture.
Craig
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Thanks for responding. I already had that turned on. Had walked to the other side of my house and had the pen out for about 30 min and there was no notification. so while I'll put it down as solved it looks like Samsung has not solved a basic but seriously annoying flaw that has been a problem with every note device. It really makes no sense why this wouldn't be fixed if the Pen is a Bluetooth device. Every other device has a way of ringing it or letting you locate it based on showing the strength of the signal.
Galaxy Note
Basically. you cannot locate your SPen after detached. However, if your SPen leave behind, your phone will give you 1 proximity alert. Therefore, if you missed that alert, you cannot locate your SPen.
0 Likes
Craig
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
That was the same as my Note 8 then. I sure hope the first alert actually happens because it often didn't on the note 8 until at least half a day later when it was way too late to try and figure out where you might have left it for a professional that is on the go. I thought I saw some promo stuff saying you could find your s pen and almost home in on it. Even a basic tile device can do that. For a phone that costs over 2k this is a huge oversight. I guess it another way to make money off of people.
Galaxy Note
Yup, no change at all. Only 1 short alert. That's it. I did suggest making the alert longer and louder. Hopefully they will consider my suggestion in the future. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Tallman

This is actually what does S-Pen keeper application, Mytech describe it on a another post but i can't remember which one...

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
@Cassidy - I used that app. But slightly better, but not good. Like the built-in alert, if you missed that one alert, you most likely will loose the SPen. The app is not continuous alert.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

@Craig, 

@Tallman confirm I was right, so please, don't forget to click on the 3 dots where i tell you what to do and click on «Accept as Solution»...we are working hard to give you the better support.

Goodnight

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Hi again @Craig
On the Play Store, there is a application to help you to find your S-Pen more easily
I think it's the following application, take a look to the « S-Pen Keeper» application

I finally found on the forum the link where we were talking about this application...and it seems better than Samsung's default alarm.
https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note/Note-9-S-Pen-alarm/m-p/572367#M5778

Comments from users

Screenshot_20200825-005849_Google Play Store.jpg

0 Likes