Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

my Samsung health is telling me my phone is rooted

(Topic created on: 04-22-2019 04:42 AM)
kingjamz
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
So I can equivocally tell you that my cell phone is not rooted one must be very Brazen to root a Note 8 I don't even think there's an actual hack for it yet on the internet to be honest but yet my Samsung Health app is telling me that my phone is rooted with a very weird code anyone else have this issue if I could get it support on this would be great

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy Note
Yeah I've seen a few others report this - Wipe Cache & Data for Samsung Health & you should be good to go - Settings - Apps - Scroll down to Samsung Health - Storage and Wipe Cache & Data there 🐧

And yes to my knowledge there isn't a way to Root the Snapdragon Note8 unlike the Exynos variant which is easily Rooted.

FYI - You CAN use Samsung Health on a Rooted device - And if you DO have Root - You only need to edit the build.prop to remove the Knox check for Samsung Health - Which is quite easy to do - So Samsung's message isn't true - I know because I have Samsung Health on my Rooted Samsung devices 😉🕊

View solution in context

6 Comments
Solution
Galaxy Note
Yeah I've seen a few others report this - Wipe Cache & Data for Samsung Health & you should be good to go - Settings - Apps - Scroll down to Samsung Health - Storage and Wipe Cache & Data there 🐧

And yes to my knowledge there isn't a way to Root the Snapdragon Note8 unlike the Exynos variant which is easily Rooted.

FYI - You CAN use Samsung Health on a Rooted device - And if you DO have Root - You only need to edit the build.prop to remove the Knox check for Samsung Health - Which is quite easy to do - So Samsung's message isn't true - I know because I have Samsung Health on my Rooted Samsung devices 😉🕊
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Shhhhht! Don't tell them what to fix!
0 Likes
kingjamz
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I dont know what's going on, I was in a remote session with Samsung and they confirmed my phone is stock without a root. They are also lost as to what's going on here, the operator even did that exact steps and we also uninstalled it as well to no resolve.
I'm thinking the only way to fix this would be to wipe the whole phone, can someone tell me how?
0 Likes
kingjamz
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

I'm sorry for the length of time between post and reply but I would like to report for me it was a complete refresh which i assume it means the OS had corruption, probably due to back or infected apps. 

I do have older devices that are rooted so i can emulate later OS' to keep apps working, but i haven't tried doing it to my note 8  nor do I really want to yet but I know I will one day.

thank you for this reply tbh I didn't think of it cuz I almost didn't want to wipe the phone but online backups durrr lol

again thank you

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
If you want to "Wipe your phone" - ie: Factory Reset - These are the steps to take:
Backup your phone with Smart Switch BEFORE you Factory Reset!

a) Power OFF your phone.

b) Press & Hold Power + Bixby + Volume UP until you feel the phone vibrate - Your phone will now Boot into Recovery.

c) Using the Volume button - Scroll down to Factory Reset (red text is normal) Select Factory Reset with the Power button - Wait a few seconds & the On Screen Menu will default to "Reboot Now".
Once your phone reboots it will be at the Samsung Welcome screen - Same as when you first received your phone - Login to your accounts & Download Smart Switch from the Play Store & Restore your Apps - Good 🤞
But I'm surprised that wiping cache & data for Samsung Health didn't solve the problem... 🐧
Bukky
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

It happened to my Note 10+. All I had to do was to reset my password and Samsung health worked again