Original topic:

Note 8 Pie Can't connect to update server

(Topic created on: 05-01-2019 02:58 AM)
thelandofdustin
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Since updating to Pie, I noticed that checking for a system update doesn't work... It will for quite a long time try to connect to the update server then fails to connect to it. Been this way since April 10th. My carrier is Bell Canada. Is this a Samsung issue or Bell issue? 
7 Comments
Karinet82
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
I have the same problem with my S8 on Virgin (which is owned by Bell). It's doesn't work (can't connect to server) if check for an update while connected to wifi, but it works if I turn off wifi and I'm connected to Virgin's network. Same thing happens when I try to check for an update for my Galaxy watch through the Galaxy Wearable app.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I am glad that I am not alone. My problem started after April Security update. Tried reset network and wipe cache partition, problem still persist.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Contact Bell as it seems there may be something with their server timing out. Note 8 with Pie on Telus and no issues with manual checking.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Vic20, we all able to contact server while on mobile connection. As soon as we try to update via WiFi, there is an error pop up saying can't contact update server.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Try resetting network settings? I have no issues connecting via WiFi or carrier. Note 8 with clean install of Pie.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I have tried as I mentioned in my previous post.
0 Likes
Arslankk
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Same issue i happening with my note 8 (T-mobile) can't understand whats wrong. I also tried to remove the phone's cache partition through advance setting but still nothing changed. If anyone knows how to fix it, Please kindly do tell us.

0 Likes