Original topic:

Note20 Ultra (Gorilla Glass Victus) Scratching easily

(Topic created on: 05-06-2021 11:07 AM)
CliftheCanadian
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
I'm just wondering if anyone else is having issues with their Note 20 Ultra, or any samsung device with Gorilla Glass Victus, Scratching unbelievably easily, I haven't dropped the phone, it's less than 30 days old, and the screen has been scratched like crazy by putting it into, and taking it out of my pocket.

Heck I was just using my Spen on the phone and noticed scratches formed on the glass because of it. I've never experienced an issue like this with a Samsung device.

And no, it is not the screen protector. The plastic one that came on the phone bubbled at the top and I took it off, the same day I did was when these issues started. I want to assume that this is just a defective product, what with the advertising about how good the glass is. The stylus shouldn't scratch it, let alone the fabric of my pants pocket.
29 Comments
Galaxy Note
Are you putting anything else in your pocket with the phone? Like cards, card holder? It looks like the phone slid on the floor.
But that look vary bad.
Galaxy Note
I always put my phone in my pocket by itself, I originally thought maybe I slid it on my coffee table or something, but I can't remember ever putting it screen down, and it has gotten worse every day. And like I said, the SPen is even leaving scratches in the glass, so I'm pretty sure there is an issue with the glass itself
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Check you spen too. Maybe the soft tip is gone.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
It's less than a month old

20210507_132335_1250.jpg

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Tip looks good. Check with support team with this issue. Maybe make a video to show them on how easily it scratches.
PigFarmer
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
There are two screen protectors that come with the NOTE 20 ULTRA. When the first is removed a very thin protector is left in place.
Check your front facing camera. Is there a circle around it where dust can accumulate?
My protector is scratched also .... looks like the glass but it's not. It's really hard to scratch the N20U5G glass.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
The entire screen including the camera is flat, there is no opening for the lens or anything that you would expect from a screen protector
0 Likes
PigFarmer
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
OK.... then it's the glass. I'll be more careful with mine.
No use replacing the glass in these times of covid. A technician will have to wait 14 days before its looked at. Then they have to pry it open.
If I were you ..... I will live with it and replace the phone in a few years.
0 Likes
Sadickson
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
It's bad, and an eye sore, how can you live with that?
0 Likes
PigFarmer
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Different strokes for different folks. It doesn't bother me. It's going to be one of the Samsung products that I will never buy again.
For me Samsung has lost its reputation and reliability.
0 Likes