Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Pay isn't supported on your phone error on Samsung S20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 04-15-2021 12:39 AM)
mkserg
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

I have an issue with my new phone. Samsung Pay is not working saying that it is not supported on my phone. The phone was bought from Austria and currently, I am using it in Cyprus. I know that Samsung Pay works in Cyprus normally.

Please help me to tackle this issue.

Thanks in advance.Screenshot_20210415-100655_Samsung Pay.jpg

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Possible, you'll need to go XDA forum.
I recommend repurchase variant support Samsung Pay. For example: bought S8 from Canadian variant. Just purchase s20 variant in Canada.
Changing csc code. You'll need to look in processor type. Some runs in exynos and other runs Qualcomm. You will have to look into model number if you can change it. I hope this answer your question.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Maybe try using Google pay? 🤷🏻‍♂️ it should do everything or more then samsung pay since samsung dropped MST on newer devices.

View solution in context

13 Comments
mkserg
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Just a little bit more info. The device is Samsung S20 Ultra 5G version and on package written it is produced in Vietnam.

0 Likes
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Austria not listed as supporting country for Samsung Pay. Did you download Samsung Pay on apk mirror site?
0 Likes
mkserg
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Thanks for your reply.
Actually, I transferred it amongst the other apps with the SmartSwitch from my S8 phone.

Is there any way to change the country code/firmware to make it work in Cyprus?

0 Likes
Solution
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Possible, you'll need to go XDA forum.
I recommend repurchase variant support Samsung Pay. For example: bought S8 from Canadian variant. Just purchase s20 variant in Canada.
Changing csc code. You'll need to look in processor type. Some runs in exynos and other runs Qualcomm. You will have to look into model number if you can change it. I hope this answer your question.
0 Likes
mkserg
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Thanks, mate for your help.

Things you recommend I already checked.

I just do not want to crash the device changing OS or CSC, since I did it once and the experience was very bad. The device stopped working for Samsung services at all :) so I had to use it without any services it comes with.

Let's see what other folks recommend.

0 Likes
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
There is not much you can do to get it work. Samsung pay restrictions connecting globalizes on their devices. You should return device back to Austria and get new s20 from original location. That is where you purchase S8. Other option just use s8 as a wallet for the time being or use Google Pay if that country support major nfc payment systems.
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, The Samsung Pay Canada app will not work with international devices or devices from other markets. Check if the device is rooted. Rooted devices will not support Samsung Pay for security reasons.

0 Likes
mkserg
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Thanks for your reply.

The device is not rooted according to the seller and I think so as well, otherwise, the Samsung other functions like S Health and Samsung Pass wouldn't have worked.

0 Likes
Solution
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Maybe try using Google pay? 🤷🏻‍♂️ it should do everything or more then samsung pay since samsung dropped MST on newer devices.