Original topic:

security

(Topic created on: 08-08-2020 08:05 PM)
300kc
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy Note

For awhile now I've been complaining about a security issue I've been having. I've asked many experts and always come away feeling hopeless. I've went to the Samsung store and asked their experts. Everyone has told me it's impossible and then today I read an article about a Snapdragon vulnerability. Although there is no indication about how long this vulnerability has been around, I believe this is how people have gained access to my phone.

4 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
There's still one problem here: those flaws still require you to go to shady places. Did you go on those shady places? Watched a shady video? Installed a shady, unknown app? If not, then you have nothing to worry. Also, get an ad-blocker.

But, do you have any evidence that people have access to your device?
300kc
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
yes I have tonnes as it was used against me in a legal matter by the other party. Details of conversations were revealed. They know what new podcasts I like to listen to. The funny thing is I don't do anything worth paying attention to but when people don't like you they search for things. I'm assuming they gained access through a fishing scam but after many factory resets I'm at a loss. Physically my phone is always on me. All I know is this article pointed to a possible explanation.
0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi 300kc,

Have you considered changing Google and Samsung Account password?

0 Likes
300kc
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I've exhausted myself changing every password I can. I've uninstalled apps. I've changed every setting that is supposed to help ie. turned off customization, new advertising I'd, factory reset, wipe cache, security check, password reset, wifi password reset, limit the use of Bluetooth, wifi off unless at home. it's honestly become a bit of a nightmare trying to figure this out. The surprising thing is the amount of precise information they have all related to my phone which is always on me.
0 Likes