Original topic:

Add MP3 format to voice recorder

(Topic created on: 01-14-2018 05:11 PM)
SHONG
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Currently, the only file format the voice recorder records in is m4a, and the problem with that, is that some programs I use doesn't read m4a, and I have to convert the file to mp3 for it to work. My suggestion is to add an option to make the recording a mp3 file, so it will be much easier to use with some programs (the program I am using is Sony Vegas Pro 14).
7 Comments
sikhness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Mp3 requires special licensing I believe and possibly Samsung didn't want to go that route. Would be nice to implement that however.
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
You can use a 3rd party voice recorder to record in mp3, wmv etc. codec that is required for you. And yes it would be nice if the default voice recorder supports different codec as well.
0 Likes
Mongo
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
HI-Q works well for me, recording straight to mp3. Worth paying for in my opinion.
SHONG
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks, I just bought it, and it's working really well.
0 Likes
raniasexy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
yv
0 Likes
Members_qageBwq
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

even if mp3 is a licensed format and Samsung doesn't want to pay, which for them as a big company is easy, m4a is not recongnised by many apps. A more generic format like Mp3 or wma formats would be better. 

Sastofugi
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

?? .wma is Microsoft proprietary format.

Way better to add .wav .ogg .frac as formats together with .m4a.

All three above are opensource widely used and supported and for most if not all uses are licence free, or like free.

0 Likes