Original topic:

Always On display (AOD) on S20 fe screen glow

(Topic created on: 10-06-2021 11:42 AM)
jizzy
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy s20 Fe. When the always-on display is activated and put on to the "always show" mode after you few seconds the whole panel is on such that it's black but light black - more of a very dark grey. Whereas with my old phone the entire display would be pure black except the actual AOD time and graphic. 

It's really disappointing to use at night because the fact that the panel is lit up also is very distracting and lights up the whole room. I like being able to quickly glance at the time without having to tap the screen but I also don't like how bright it is. This is a case of even if auto brightness is off and the lowest level selected. 

So the question is is this a hardware issue or a software issue and anyone else having this issue? 
4 Comments
chaleigh2006
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
How do I switch from Gmail to Hotmail?.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@chaleigh2006, Could you please make a new post with this question.
0 Likes
MoshuXXL
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Hi! I have an A52s and AOD it's manifesting the same way as yours. The only way to make screen black on AOD is to disable AOD autobrightness and manually set it to full brightness. 

cateyes
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
What do you do when a3rd party keeps going on cellphone stored passedwords how can you stop this problem
0 Likes