Original topic:

Calendar apps duplicating multiple calendars on phone only

(Topic created on: 04-04-2024 09:13 AM)
Lundon
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Android 14 update duplicated all Microsoft related calendars.

After the One UI 6.0, my Samsung calendar app shows 21 duplicate "Canada Holidays Calendars" under my Hotmail account. My device is a Galaxy S23 Ultra. 

Under my secondary Outlook email, there are 7 calendars called "Calendar Calendar" and 8 additional "Canada Holidays Calendars". 

Then lastly, under my work email which is an Exchange 365 account, I have 13 "Canada Holidays Calendars". 

I've logged into Outlook on my desktop and went to Calendars to see if they were showing up there (to delete them) and they are not there. Which means they are likely only showing up on the phone itself. I've also logged into my Google account on my PC and no duplicates are shown there either. 

Any suggestions on how to get rid of these? Deleting the calendar cache and data does nothing. And to make it worse, more duplicates seem to get added month after month. 
0 Likes
4 Comments
Openhorizon
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have exactly the same problem. It also presents multiple entries for my wife's calendar as well strangely. I haven't found a way to permanently solve the issue and can only get rid of the calendars by removing my accounts and re-adding them again. This isn't a proper fix though and only gives temporary respite from the problem.

0 Likes
Lundon
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It's interesting that there's no solution for this. And I've noticed the problem is getting progressively worse. Meaning, overtime more and more duplicates are appearing.
0 Likes
Cindy0612
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I agree.  I have 10-15 copies of multiple calendars.  And even though I uncheck them so they don't show up on my calendar, the settings  change on their own.

0 Likes
kenlight
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same issue. Many appointments duplicated or triplicated in my Samsung Calendar. I really like the Samsung Calendar (better than Outlook for Android or Google). My Outlook 365 Calendar on my desktop is fine. When I deleted a triplicated calendar appointment on my phone (there were still 2 left on the phone) it deleted the Outlook appointment on my desktop. 

Has anyone deleted their calendar data and had success with that? I searched all other apps with calendar permissions to see if there was anything new.  I did not see anything out of the ordinary. 

I noticed it when I was driving to an appointment. I sync my calendar with my Tesla and it loads my calendar appointment location to the navigation. I noticed it was navigating me to the wrong place. I changed the appointment location in my Outlook calendar and my phone (and car) now had both appointments (actually 3, 2 with the old location and 1 with the new).

I am eager to see if anyone finds a solution. 

Thank you for posting!! I always appreciate it when I find I am not the only one having the issue.